iWork '09 and 10.6

Discussion in 'OS X' started by Sehnsucht, Sep 5, 2009.

1. macrumors 65816

...do not seem to be agreeing with one another. First, I moved my copy of iWork from a Time Machine backup (this originally came preinstalled on my Mac) and every time I try to launch the apps, I'll get the error message "Pages/Keynote/Numbers quit unexpectedly." They refuse to launch. My dad bought the iWork '09 Family Pack, and when I tried to install from his disc, it did the same thing. No matter what I've tried, iWork is broken under 10.6. :eek:

Ironically, Microsoft Office works just fine, copied over from the same Time Machine backup. :rolleyes:

2. macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Did you copy over the /Library/Application Support/Microsoft folder as well?

3. macrumors regular

strange it works fine here no problems at all with iWorks

4. thread starter macrumors 65816

Yep.

5. macrumors regular

Mine works fine here and it was carried over when i did the upgrade.

perhaps use the uninstaller first then reinstall it?

6. macrumors 603

HLdan

Microsoft Office for Mac uses a drag n drop installation which is why it works flawlessly from a Time Machine backup. iWork uses an installer package so it doesn't always get properly installed from a Time Machine backup. Use App Zapper to properly remove all traces of iWork and then reinstall using the iWork DVD.

7. macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Office 2008 is a package installer. You also must not neglect the /Library/Application Support/Microsoft folder as well.

8. macrumors 68020

No problems with iWork '09 here. Works perfectly.

9. macrumors 6502a