Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andcraig

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2005
So. I want to reinstall OSX before I head off to college, but can't find my iLife and iWork discs.

Will they work like other apps where I just copy over the application and it'll work, or is it like adobe/MS apps where you need the installer?

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
andcraig said:
So. I want to reinstall OSX before I head off to college, but can't find my iLife and iWork discs.

Will they work like other apps where I just copy over the application and it'll work, or is it like adobe/MS apps where you need the installer?

Hmm....interesting. As long as you can prove you own the applications, I don't see why you can't download them.

Also (separate question for others), when you buy software from Apple online, can you download it, or do you have to wait?

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
andcraig said:
So. I want to reinstall OSX before I head off to college

Why bother? OS X doesn't generally need re-installs unless you've been having problems.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Eraserhead said:
Why bother? OS X doesn't generally need re-installs unless you've been having problems.

Exactly, and very serious problems, at that. I guess I'm never going to get the point of recreational reinstalls.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.