Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miTunes75

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2006
I haven't purchased an iPad, but a buddy of mine had a question. He was wondering if any spreadsheet or document you create on these apps....are they able to be ran on microsoft office applications on a windows pc?

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
I haven't purchased an iPad, but a buddy of mine had a question. He was wondering if any spreadsheet or document you create on these apps....are they able to be ran on microsoft office applications on a windows pc?

I only have pages, but you have the option to Export the Document as a .pages .doc and .pdf formate. So yes, you can open and edit documents created on the iPad in a Microsoft Office program.

Take a look
https://www.macrumors.com/2010/09/22/apple-updates-keynote-pages-and-numbers-for-ipad/

ssdeg7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Yes, they can be exported to office formats, such as .xls and .doc

gforce216

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
The newest iWork update now allows iWork to support all office formats so yes you can use office files and also create office files on the iPad.

skullnbones

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2010
But they still haven't fixed the bug with pdfs. When you export/email as a pdf from Pages (and I think Numbers but I haven't checked that), they come up as only dots on Windows OS machines.

I have only checked it on XP so I don't know if it happens in Windows 7. This only happens with the iPad versions of iWork. only use Macs but I email pdfs to people who use PCs, so it is a big issue for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.