iWork extra apps comin soon??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ipodrocker, May 10, 2005.

1. ipodrocker macrumors member

ipodrocker

hey iWork looks so cool, keynote and pages are brill, anybody think there might be updates like extra apps like a spreadsheet or soemthing, then apple will be able to compete even more with ms.

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

not until iWork '06, which will most likely be the next update to the software line at MWSF in January....they wouldnt update it halfway through the year like that

3. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

iDraw? iChart? iGraph??

Can't wait 'til iWork '06!

4. Dr.Gargoyle macrumors 65816

Dr.Gargoyle

WYSIWYG-LaTex

I want a nice WYSIWYG LaTex emulator. (my pet pev)
    I still dont understand why Apple didnt base the new pages on LaTex. There doesn't exist any good WYSIWYG LaTex editors for Macs, which is a bit strange since Apple always have had a very good relationship with the science community.

5. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

i too would've liked to have seen this. would've been great for my physics homework :p

6. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Yeah, I own iWork '05, and can't wait for January 2006 for iWork '06. Pages shows so much promise but it's delivery is a bit shaky. But I bet 2.0 will rock! Keynote already rocks at 2.0, wonder what they'll bring with 3.0!

Charts? iChart? Whatever it's gonna be called, that would rock - no more Microsoft Office for me!

It'd be great if Apple comes out with a money app - like Microsoft Money orQuicken, but all own-y.

iDraw? Would love it, but I think Graphic Converter does a good job in this area? Who knows, Apple'll probably innovate and blow us away.

iDatabase or whatever, eh I don't have any uses for a database, so not interested in this one. Could be great for those who miss Access after switching (or are not switching BECAUSE of no Access).

7. arcobb macrumors regular

Mr. Jobs said....

Ok... I am a total Steve Jobs keynote speech junky, but when he debuted iWork he said (this is really really close to what he said, but not word for word) "they are 'working' on building a successor to Apple works." I took this to mean that 'working' (yes he did use that word) to mean that they are in the process still... meaning more apps are on the way. I kinda get the feeling Apple is doing this how they did iLife. Really cheap at first (free) while the were putting the peaces together and then started charging for it. I say this because pages doesn't feel finished to me but keynote is awesome... Let me put it this way

itunes awesome when it first came out and just keeps getting better

iphoto was mucho buggy and hardly worth the time... but it was free. Then when you had to pay for it it got less buggy and a lot faster, now with 05 its rocks.

imovie was a good idea when it came out but always seem buggy when the first version came out that you had to pay for it it got a lot better. And now idvd finally seems to have caught up

So I think iWork has yet to show its potential and will become better over time. However I'm also wondering if when it does show its potential if it will cost a lot more then 70 bones.