iWork included?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by The Black Rock, Mar 6, 2005.

1. The Black Rock macrumors regular

I'm going to end up buying an iMac G5 when they're revised, will iWork come with it? I know I'll get iLife '05 with it, but I'm not sure about the iWork stuff. Applework used to come with stuff, right?

2. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

3. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

I still don't understand why people insist on asking questions that no one knows. iMacs haven't been revised yet so none of will know. Now hypothetically speaking, I highly doubt they will include it, just my guess though.

jon

4. The Black Rock thread starter macrumors regular

Jon,

I'm not asking for information about the Rev B. iMac G5, I'm only asking whether or not iWork is included with any Mac purchases. That's all. I don't assume that anyone has any more info to share on the topic of the next revision.

I thought that iWork had superceded Appleworks, why does it still come in the computer?

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Understood now. They probably don't include it cause they simply want to sell it and make money off of it. Appleworks is so pitiful they might as well leave it on there, that way no one can say it doesn't come with anything. Then if the customer wants something better they purchase Office or iWork.

jon