iWork O7

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by prp134, Mar 12, 2007.

1. prp134 macrumors regular

What's your take on iWork 07, Im a recent owner of a Black Macbook. I am still trying to decided if its worth shelling out 195 for word, I am a heavy word user. I was thinking of replacing word for pages but recently read a review that states that pages has still far from over taking word's territory.

So my question..Will iWork 07 address what its lacking? As far a Grammar and spelling, and formatting palette?

2. CaptainHaddock macrumors 6502

Well, iWork 07 isn't out yet, iWork 06 being the current version.

Pages certainly has spell-check — it's built into all native Apple applications — and it has good formatting palettes. Pages also has a lot of page layout features that Word doesn't have. However, there is no grammar checking yet.

Some people know Word's quirks and functions too well to want to switch; others share documents with other users and need complete compatibility with advanced features. Myself, there's nothing I need that Pages doesn't have, and Pages handles the Word documents I encounter just fine.

iWork 07, which should be just around the corner, will undoubtedly bring improvements to Pages, possibly grammar checking among them.

3. theman5725 macrumors 6502

I'm kinda in a similar situation here. I'm a heavy user of MS Office 2004, and I absoluetly hate how slow it runs in Rosetta. If iWork 07 comes with a spreadsheet program, I will be willing to switch over to it if it. Problem is, I exchange lots of files in MS Office formats, so I need good compatibility with them.

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I recommend NeoOffice as a free Office alternative...I mainly use Pages, as I am a student and it is perfect for my needs of taking notes in school, but I use NeoOffice when I need the different features...

5. Cult Follower macrumors 6502a

Cult Follower

No one here knows, so how bout we just wait and see.

6. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Doesn't Leopard have grammar checking built in?