iWork, Pages Layout Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tj2001, Oct 21, 2006.

1. tj2001 macrumors regular

I'm trying to formatting a skeleton template for reports using MLA style. I am creating the cover page, a single blank page, and a resources cited page at the end. I don't want the header or footer on the cover and citation pages, so, how do I remove them from just those pages? I only want the header and footer on the actual report pages for page count and course #.

Thanks for anyone that guides me to fixing this.

2. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

You might try inserting a section break, which is usually what you'd use to set up different section numbering, headers, footers, etc.

3. tj2001 thread starter macrumors regular

I seen this exact info in the Help files for Pages, but unfortunately it uses the previous pages layout, which is fine, but how do you remove a header from that page. Exactly how do you select the header as a unit and not just the text inside it so that I can delete the entire header off a page after I've used a section break?

4. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

Once you've created a new section, go to it, then in the Inspector select the columns section, and choose Sections. There's a checkbox there that lets you select to use (or not) the previous headers and footers.

5. tj2001 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you so much! I'm not quite sure how I got it, but something you suggested to me has corrected the document's layout exactly how I needed it. Using a Section Break, then went in to the inspector and checked an option "First page is different", that seemed to do it; I also added a section break after the actual middle report pages.

Thank you very much for your help!

6. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

I have a pages layout issue that I need help with. When using double space for MLA format, it always puts an extra space between paragraphs. :( I'm not doing anything, other than hitting the enter key when done with a certain paragraph and the indent key when starting the next. :eek:

7. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

Open the Inspector, choose the "T", and change the After Paragraph spacing slider to 0.

8. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Thanks. :)