iWork won't install....why?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by biohazard6969, Nov 7, 2005.

1. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

ok, so i try to install iwork on my new iMac. i bought the suite back when it first came out. and i go though all the intall menu's then when i finally click 'install' a message came up saying "you cannot continue. there is nothing to install" why is it saying this, i put the dvd in there, i deleted the demo that was already there, the dvd says that its full of data....whats goin on?

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Try reinstalling it from the DVDs that came with your iMac. The first time you launch it, you can enter the serial number from your retail version, and it'll remove the demo restrictions.

3. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

It did this on my computer too. I never pursued it too far, I just installed it on my powerbook.

The first time I installed iWork I didn't have a problem, but I deleted Pages, and just held onto Keynote, when I tried to install Pages a few months later I had the problem you discussed above. My suspicion was that the original pref files make the installer think iWork is installed or something. Try deleting the prefs, or other files associated with iWork and then give it another try.

4. deanwaterman macrumors regular

iWork Already Loaded

iWork is already preloaded on all the new units you buy. You must take and enter your serial number in from the copy you purchased and then everything will work fine.

The iWork version is updated also from the version you most likely purchased.

Good Luck!

5. biohazard6969 thread starter macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

ok well i thought the problem was that the demo was already installed so i deleted that, and now i can't install it fresh....what the hell apple! i have files i need that were done in pages and i cna't open in Word, someone PLZ help

EDIT: i have tried everything suggested so far but nothing has worked

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

First of all, you shouldn't go deleting things willy-nilly :)

Secondly, look in /Library/Receipts for any iWork-related files, and delete them. Hopefully this'll let you reinstall.

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Same thing happened to me. Deleted the prefs and the package files, and everything iWork related, emptied the trash. Re-installed from scratch. Works like a charm now.