Jabber Accounts in iChat

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by elisha cuthbert, Sep 21, 2006.

1. elisha cuthbert macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

Can I run 2 jabber accounts simultaneously in iChat?
    i use 2 email addresses through MSN and i would like to use them in iChat
    is there anyway of doing this?????????
    any help is greatly appreciated

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Did you try adding the two of them under Accounts in preferences?

3. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

Just can add multiple accounts but only one of them can be active at any one time.

To be honest the Jabber support in iChat is a bit poor. I've never been able to figure out how to 'browse' and such like, hopefully it will be improved with Leopard. Psi is worth a look if you're looking for a Jabber client.

4. elisha cuthbert thread starter macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

yes i have but then when i click use this account on the second one it disconnects the first

5. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

Yup it does that. Don't think it can manage 2 jabber accounts online at the same time. Unless anyone knows otherwise...

6. n8236 macrumors 65816

From what I understand it can't at the moment support more than one Jabber at the same time.

What clients are you trying to add into Jabber?

I just used the Psi/Google Talk/Jabber trick to apply my icq & msn list into iChat's Jabber account and it works pretty darn good.

But I am unsuccessful at importing the AIM list into the Jabber list so I don't have two buddy lists open. I tried adding the AIM service into Psi, but it won't allow me, does anyone have any ideas? Having two buddy lists is a bit of an eye sore.