Jacksonville, FL

Discussion in 'Leopard Event Meetups' started by ian-frs, Oct 17, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

Anyone going to be out there from Jax? At the Town Center Apple store?

2. macrumors member

I might go... I'm in Gainesville... so if I don't have anything else to do... heh

3. macrumors 6502a

supremedesigner

4. macrumors 6502a

Freis968

According to the Apple rep at the Best Buy in Orlando, FL I spoke to tonight...they will have it...probably only ONE copy though...:p

5. macrumors 6502

Wow, one whole copy I feel bad for number 2 in line.

6. macrumors 6502a

I'm thinking about going to the JAX store, although I'm 2 hours away. With the price of gas though I'm not sure it is worthy it, especially since they are barely knocking anything off for education buyers. They have been offering it to education buyers for $69 for a long time now. What the heck is up with the $116??? Especially since Amazon is selling it for $109.

Frank

7. macrumors 6502a

supremedesigner

Are you serious??? That really stinks! LOL I better start campin' out right now :rolleyes::p

8. macrumors 6502a

Freis968

I was joking, but Best Buy does stupid stuff a lot of times, so I would not be surprised if they really did have only ONE copy.

9. macrumors newbie

I'll be there

I want a T-shirt.

10. macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Im still deciding if I want to get Leopard. I have that $100 from the iPhone so I might just use it and get it.

11. macrumors newbie

DamonNoisette

I'll be there

Hopefully Leopard will make our Mac Pro less buggy. A free t-shirt would be nice too. :cool:

12. macrumors newbie

jville

ill be there and im not going home without a t-shirt :D

13. macrumors regular

I'm planning to be there. I was heading to Costco and Dick's anyway after work. Besides, I want the t-shirt (gotta be one of the first 500). I somehow don't think this will have the crazy lines that the iPhone had, but I could be wrong.

14. macrumors newbie

Going

:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

Be there or be square! T Shirts from the mother ship and lots of Mac Heads
    all around. Sounds like a party on the que! Being in Jacksonville, and with the big Florida-Gerogia football game this weekend, we should be grilling on the sidewalk. Maybe a new thing for us all ,Apple iBar-B-Q Release TailGate Party. I can smell the ribs now!

:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

15. macrumors 6502

I'm at the store now, no line at all so im sure everyone will be getting a shirt.

16. macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

No line?

Excellent. Maybe I'll shoot for 6 after all. I have non-Leopard business to do. Namely purchasing a MBP.

So all you Leopard nerds better not get in my way. I'll steal your t-shirts.

----

If you're a MacRumors forum member, walk around with your thumb on your forehead. That way, we can recognize each other.

17. macrumors 6502

5 people in line now! Start hurrying up!

18. macrumors newbie

DamonNoisette

Good. I didn't plan on leaving work early just to get in a line in this weather...

19. macrumors 6502

Pictures from the event at town center.

All 135 people waiting for launch
    [​IMG]

The entrance shirts included
    [​IMG]

1 Minute till launch!
    [​IMG]