Jacksonville, FL

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by ian-frs, Jun 14, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

Anyone from Jacksonville going to be at the Town Center Apple Store?

2. macrumors newbie

I'll be there! Here's to playing hooky from work, haha :D

3. macrumors demi-god

GeekLawyer

The post is coming from inside the house!
    I haven't decided yet, 100%. But something tells me that I'll be there.

Last year I went to an AT&T store. This time I'm sure I'll go to the SJTC and get the whole experience.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm going to be on "vacation" as far as work goes. I'm hoping that this year they have shirts instead of bags.

5. macrumors member

Oh, Yes.....

I'll be there- I'm such a dork that I officially took the day off of work to be there, regardless of the launch time! Yeah, I know, I know.......

6. macrumors demi-god

GeekLawyer

The post is coming from inside the house!
    Luckily I have a little flexibility in my work... and my excitement is building. So, yeah, I'll be there. :cool:

Hope we get some firm details about the process soon!

7. macrumors member

Hell yeah

All the free goodies make it worthwhile. =)

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

Looks like I will be camping at the Apple store at 5am if they announce an 8am launch on July 6th. If not then ATT here I come bright and early!

9. macrumors member

I would love to get there bright and early, but I have been out of the country for a year and don't have a phone at all. So I think I am going to have to go to an AT&T store beforehand and do the credit check and get a phone number before the launch, and I think I read somewhere you have to get your phone from that location.

So we'll see.

10. thread starter macrumors 6502

Has anyone heard anything about the Apple store here yet? I plan on calling or stopping by tomorrow at some point in time.

11. thread starter macrumors 6502

Apple store it is for me. Glad to hear that they will be open at 8am today.

12. macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I'll definitely be at the Apple store at the Town's center Friday morning. What time is everyone else going to be there? I'm trying to judge how early I should be there.

13. macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

Has anyone heard about how many iPhones they will be getting at this Apple store?

14. thread starter macrumors 6502

I plan on getting there at 5, last year I think they had enough for everyone in the original line but I plan on getting a white one so I want to be as close to the front as I can be.

15. macrumors newbie

I will be going to my local AT&T store and I plan on being there around 6 AM. The apple store is about 45 miles away and I have had nothing but less than memorable experiences there. Actually, everytime I walk in there, I end up leaving mad do to the arrogance of those that work there that I avoid that place at all costs.

It is only this one too. I have been to other Apple stores in Atlanta, Phili, Orlando and all of them have been great experiences.

16. macrumors newbie

I'm completely torn. I live about an hour from the Apple Store in JAX and part of me wants the Apple "experience" and of course conventional wisdom seems to indicate more inventory...I'm also considering a local ATT store that I'm fairly certain will have a very small line, but probably very limited inventory...decisions, decisions...

17. thread starter macrumors 6502

I think the apple store is worth it just for the experience alone and everyone should go there. I need some company while waiting. :)

18. macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I will be at the Apple store around 6am. I hope they have some decent cases for it as well on Friday.

19. macrumors newbie

What time are you getting there?

20. macrumors newbie

Accessories is the other huge advantage of the Apple store. I wonder if they will give people time to shop for accessories or will they herd people out as soon as the phone is activated?

BTW, slightly off topic. I am not an ATT customer and do not want to transfer a number. Simply buy the phone and have it activated under a new account and new number. The Apple store can do this correct? Seems like a pedestrian question, but all the "how to" info deals with current ATT customers and those moving a number from another carrier.

21. macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I think I remember reading something stating that Apple would be able to handle new customers as well. :)

I'm so excited about this coming Friday. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas day or a crack baby in a candy store. :D

On the line of accessories has anyone heard if Contour will have their iPhone 3G cases ready by Friday? I currently own the Contour Showcase and I absolutely love it.

22. thread starter macrumors 6502

I plan on being there at 5am. I bet they are going to sell accessories the same way they did last year. You bought your phone and then you were allowed to wander the store to buy anything else you needed.

23. macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I wanted to go around 5am but the earliest I can get there will be around 6am. I'm sure they will have plenty of iPhones.

24. thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya you should be fine getting there at 6. Once I get there and get comfy in my chair I will post up here and let you guys know how the line is looking.

25. macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

cool, sounds good man. See you guys there tomorrow morning. :)