Jag.3------>to CD????

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Rajj, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Rajj macrumors 6502a

Rajj

I want to know how to burn Jag.3 to a CD.

When I reinstall Jag, I have to go though all the steps of upgrading to Jag.3 :mad:

I am tired of doing this, so I want the latest version ona disc!!
    Thanx

2. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

First off, you have to be able to create an OS X bootable CD/DVD, something which is not exactly straightforward right now.

Then you need to add the 10.2.3 combo update to the packages folder on the installer disc.

I'm still waiting for OS X to be easily bootable from optical media...

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

I'm curious, why does one need to reinstall Jag? new installs once, but it's not something that exactly requires frequent reinstalls, at least in most cases...

Burning this disc is not going to be easy. I don't know, but it's possible that you have to run Jag before you can upgrade... sometimes the installers might try to modify files that a first run of Jag installs, or something... could be wrong about this.

Besides, .4 will be out very soon...

pnw

4. Bear macrumors G3

Download the 10.2.3 combo update and burn it and other packages that have updates to CD. This will save you the download time. And with the combo update, it's only one update, not 3 for the OS itself.

Why does one need to reinstall? Well, if you have a machine you experiment with, it is sometimes easier to reinstall after a few experiments then to clean up.

5. Rajj thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rajj