Jag or WCIII

Discussion in 'Community' started by scem0, Aug 24, 2002.

1. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I have very limited funds right now concerning computers, and I was wondering whether I should spend all my money right now buying Warcraft III or Jaguar...

Jag is more expensive - but a much better OS then 10.1
    WCIII is less expensive and I would play it all day, so I would barely see the OS - but I like my OS to be snappy...

What should I get?

2. soilchmst macrumors member

Jaguar

I would use a credit card to buy Jaguar family pack. Then give the other four licenses to people you know. Accept "donations," ;) of course, and use this money to buy Warcraft III. :cool:

3. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Warcraft III is too buggy right now. Get Jaguar. Play more chess. :)

5. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Get Jaguar. If you get Jaguar first then WCIII then WCIII will be faster when you get it.

6. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

Jaguar is pretty buggy too.

if you will have money to buy the other in the next month id say by wc3 if not and its really a choice of one or the other id say buy jag.

7. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Re: Jaguar

you can't legally do that unless those people live under the same roof. It specifically states that in the license. If you were to give it to your friends, you would be doing the same thing as downloading the warez version and burning a copy for your friends. If you're still in school, and you need your grades to go up, get Jag. If not, or if you're not too worried about your grades, get Jag. Personally, I'd get Jag and spend my free time with my friends.

8. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

id recommend getting jaguar.. war3 will probably go down in price as time goes by, as jaguar most definately will not...

-f

9. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

word man! chess rox.

so let me kick this straight...

if i buy jag then i can only use it on my puter and i cant put it on another mates puter because it wont work or what??? i can get jag for 70 bucks man.

10. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

11. soilchmst macrumors member

Jaguar

If your in school, you probably live in a house or a dorm. So... you have at least four other people under your roof ;)
    I want both, but I need to get Jaguar with a computer so I can play Warcraft. It is three paychecks away assuming I skip all my lunches and don't pass out in the lab:D
    Anyone played WCIII on a dual 867 :confused:
    I am thinking of that with additional 512 and the radeon 9000 :p

12. MacUser1 macrumors 6502

MacUser1

jaguar

definitely jaguar, warcraft III will eventually go down in price

13. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

You can.. Apple is not a bum (bum?) like Microsoft.. so you still can do it, but of course it's illegal. The family pack is there so that people with more than one computer at home and put Jaguar on all of them without being illegal.

irmongoose

14. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

ah okay thanks a bunch.

15. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

There is no competition when it comes to chess, at least with my family and the one friend that know how to play. I guess ill be getting jag, and then i'll get WCIII in about a month or 2.

16. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You're right, but someone's working on those bugs and will get them under control fairly quickly in contrast to the other bugs. If Blizzard would apply 1000 people toward Warcraft III as Apple has done with Jaguar...

17. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

First, I personally haven't experienced that many bugs. A very small amount.

Second, Jaguar is a vast improvement in usability for the average person, it has a much richer feature set and the attention to detail in the OS make it very clean and polished. This makes it a far superior OS to its OS X predecessors.

My point is that a few measly bugs do not detract from Jaguar's vast superiority to 10.1. Its a huge improvement and I encourage anyone with the means to upgrade immediately to do so

Taft.

18. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

well read the rest of what i posted (its not THAT long).

im basically saying that since jag is buggy and updates have already been released that if he will have money to buy one now and one a month later then he should get wIII now (since it wont be updated any time soon) and get jag when he can afford it and after some more updates have been releases. then i went on to say that but if he can only buy one, then buy jag.

im not attacking jag or anything. it was worth the money is pent on it. but it has a bug where it will not work with any of the 26 smtp servers i use which is a major pain (cant send email, have to borrow a smtp server form someone else). and there are window bugs taht get annoying since it makes resizing windows difficult. but since i expect apple to fix these big things it may not be bad for him to buy w3 now and buy jag in a month (v10.2.3 or whatever is out then).