Jaguar and the internet

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by imamacguy17, Jan 13, 2003.

1. imamacguy17 macrumors member

I have an original 350MHZ G4. over christmas break i got jaguar. i installed this morning when I got to school (im a college student). now it is not reading my asante 590 fast card in either 10.2 or 10.1. so now i have no way of downloading the driver for my machine is there an easy unistall or a way to reverse the effects of jaguar? i cant wait to move forward but currently i cant.

thanks

2. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

don't you have friends that you can use their internet connection to try and find a driver?

you seem to be on the internet now...so i would venture to say that you must have one friend with an internet connection...while you are online...why don't you check for a driver...

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

Have you tried negotiating with the settings in your Internet and Network Preference Panes and filled in the correct values? When you installed Jaguar, was this done through an update, a clean install, or through a refereshed Hard Drive and install (recommended)?

Also, if there is any way to access the internet through another machine, try downloading and installing the combo update 10.2.3 to Jaguar through the following address:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/macosxcomboupdate_10_2_3.html

4. imamacguy17 thread starter macrumors member

update

still no internet on my machine. my campus is 99 percent Winblowz. I copied my networksettings before i installed Jaguar. im online through my roomate's windows 95 box and even if i could download the update i have no way of getting it to my machine. i dont know why it doesnt work. the card works (before i installed 10.2) my setting are correct but its not picking up the servers.