Jaguar and Toast 5.1.4 ??

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Draft, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Draft macrumors 6502

Jun 18, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Does anyone have Toast 5.1.4 installed under 10.2? If so, is it working well? I heard that they don't play well together, so I'm still using 5.1.2 in Jaguar. Now, though, I hear that it might be an issue with WindowShade (or another haxie) and 5.1.4, not Jaguar.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Jul 23, 2002
    In a Mauve Dream
    I have 5.1.4 Installed on an iBook and a G4 500 using Jaguar. And I have noticed one system error using Toast when I was burning an audio CD. Once in a while I also had the problem in 10.1.5, but instead of geting an error (cant recall it now) Toast would just hang when it said "finishing up". So, as far as I can tell, in the rare case when Toast hangs, Jaguar will actually display a system error. I've only seen it once, and I've burned probably a dozen CD's since I upgraded the OS. So, in my experience, Toast 5.1.4 works very well, I use it at the max burn speed with Buffer Underrun Protection On... so, if any other problem pops up, I think Toast just hangs instead of making a coaster, which it inevitably does if it has problems.
  3. dwishbone macrumors regular

Jul 24, 2002
    On the Moon
  4. Pepzhez macrumors regular

Jan 23, 2002
    I have Jaguar and Toast 5.1.4 installed in two different Macs - a dual proc G4 and an G3 imac. I've burned over 50 discs on each machine since installing Jaguar and I've experienced no problems whatsoever.

BTW, Jaguar was a clean install on the imac and an update install on the G4. No issues either way.
  5. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

Oct 12, 2001
    My system: Dual USB iBook 500 with 384megs of RAM. I upgraded with Jaguar. Toast version 5.1.4 seems to be doing fine. No problems on my end.
  6. mac15 macrumors 68040

Dec 29, 2001
    as soon as I installed the new update Toast 5.1.4
    worked, so finally I can use toast :D
  7. evildead macrumors 65816

Jun 18, 2001
    WestCost, USA

I had toast 5.1.4 running on my Mac before OS 10.2 came out... I did an update to 10.2 and Toast is still working.

8. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

Apr 2, 2002
    Hong Kong
    yeah.. toast is useable..

they will undoubtedly release an upghrade, though, soon..

one bug i have seen is the inablility the mount cds, but thats not a big problem for me, or most people, for that matter..