Jaguar and Toast 5.1.4 ??

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Draft, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Draft macrumors 6502

Does anyone have Toast 5.1.4 installed under 10.2? If so, is it working well? I heard that they don't play well together, so I'm still using 5.1.2 in Jaguar. Now, though, I hear that it might be an issue with WindowShade (or another haxie) and 5.1.4, not Jaguar.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Draft

2. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

I have 5.1.4 Installed on an iBook and a G4 500 using Jaguar. And I have noticed one system error using Toast when I was burning an audio CD. Once in a while I also had the problem in 10.1.5, but instead of geting an error (cant recall it now) Toast would just hang when it said "finishing up". So, as far as I can tell, in the rare case when Toast hangs, Jaguar will actually display a system error. I've only seen it once, and I've burned probably a dozen CD's since I upgraded the OS. So, in my experience, Toast 5.1.4 works very well, I use it at the max burn speed with Buffer Underrun Protection On... so, if any other problem pops up, I think Toast just hangs instead of making a coaster, which it inevitably does if it has problems.

3. dwishbone macrumors regular

4. Pepzhez macrumors regular

I have Jaguar and Toast 5.1.4 installed in two different Macs - a dual proc G4 and an G3 imac. I've burned over 50 discs on each machine since installing Jaguar and I've experienced no problems whatsoever.

BTW, Jaguar was a clean install on the imac and an update install on the G4. No issues either way.

5. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

My system: Dual USB iBook 500 with 384megs of RAM. I upgraded with Jaguar. Toast version 5.1.4 seems to be doing fine. No problems on my end.

6. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

as soon as I installed the new update Toast 5.1.4
    worked, so finally I can use toast :D

7. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

toast

I had toast 5.1.4 running on my Mac before OS 10.2 came out... I did an update to 10.2 and Toast is still working.

-evildead

8. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

yeah.. toast is useable..

they will undoubtedly release an upghrade, though, soon..

one bug i have seen is the inablility the mount cds, but thats not a big problem for me, or most people, for that matter..

-f