Jaguar & "Classic"

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by BigBurd, Aug 16, 2002.

1. BigBurd macrumors member

BigBurd

Is it true that "Classic" is not inculded in OS 10.2? If so, how will people be able to use their older Mac software, if they do not have an older OS mounted on there hard drive somewhere?

Also ................ if one has OS 9.2 and OS X mounted on separate hard drives, will there be any problems with OS 9.2 after installing Jaguar on the OS X partition?

(Please do not confuse my ignorance with stupidity. My stupidity stands on its own!)

2. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

no it doesn't include classic, you need to install it seperately

and its ok to put it on seperate partion and no it won't stuff up jaguar , BTW its much better having it on 2 partions

3. SubFredZero macrumors member

I had macos 9 and macos 10.1.5 both on a seperate partition installed. On the 10.1.5 partition i installed 10.2. You can just start classic like in 10.1, no problems at all. I havn't tryed to install 9 and 10.2 on the same disk, but i assume that won't be a problem

4. King Cobra macrumors 603

I haven't had any problems with 10.2 and OS 9 on the same partition as I do with my Cube at home in NJ and with my iBook 466. OS 9 loads faster on the G4 though, duh... :rolleyes: :p