Jaguar e-mail

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by chmorley, Aug 18, 2002.

1. macrumors 6502a

chmorley

I received this e-mail from Apple this morning:

Not sure if this is related to the fact that I have been checking three times a day to see if my order has shipped. Perhaps Apple is experiencing more traffic like this than they would like.

Secondly, this makes me question the reports about some people getting their shipments early. Has anyone here actually received their copy of Jaguar yet--or even confirmation that it has shipped?

Chris

2. macrumors G3

I received the same email this morning.

The only people I [personally] know who have received Jaguar already are people who just received systems in the last few days. The systems were loaded with 10.1.x with 10.2 on CD's.

3. macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

that looks like a bunch of BS...the grammar is just terrible, and plus, apple would not continually say "will ship on wednesday or thursday." i think they would be more general about things. if this were a real apple email, it probably would have been sent to everyone that pre-ordered jaguar; (i ordered it a couple weeks ago)...no one else has received this email

4. macrumors 65816

cleo

It's real

I received the exact same email. Woo-hoo!

5. macrumors 6502a

rice_web

I received the e-mail also, I didn't think it was big news.

6. macrumors 6502

I'm sure its real... I received it this morning too. Probably this is a reaction to the combination of people talking about recieving Jaguar early with new systems, and people getting extreamly hyper about the fact that they got shipping emails from apple. If I read this right, everyone who's gotten a shipping email thus far, will have their copy of Jaguar sitting on a dock (ha.. OSX humor) in Cupertino until Wednesday. So it looks from this email that the only people getting Jaguar early will be by one or two days.

I agree with rice_web... it's a confirmation that your order will ship next wednesday... you knew you'd get it by the 24th anyway... theres nothing to see here kids... move along

7. macrumors newbie

Got mine

Got the same email.

The grammar is horrible, which surprised me. I was about to correct it and send it back, but it was probably pounded out in haste in order to free up some of the Apple Store phone-que.

8. macrumors 6502a

rice_web

My favorite quote is:

"Apple¹s latest Mac OS X version 10.2"

That implies that the X does not mean 10. Does that mean that we'll see Mac OS X 11.0?

I know, it's just bad editing, but it's funny.

9. macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

Apple has always called it Mac OS X v. 10.x.x And yes, you will indeed see OS X v.11... so I don't understand why you call it bad editing.

10. macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

i don't see how some people can receive this email and others don't...when did all of you order yours? i ordered mine on the 27th of july

11. macrumors 6502

I just received the same e-mail. They say it will ship Wednesday or Thursday-- Do you think there's a possibility that (with standard delivery) it will arrive before Saturday?

Bill

12. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

* upset :( * I havn't recieved any e-mail regarding my copy of Jaguar.

13. macrumors 6502

i got mine

i just order my edu. discounted copy just a few days ago and I got the e-mail. i can't wait! :D

14. thread starter macrumors 6502a

chmorley

News?

I didn't post it because I thought it was news. I posted because it made me questions the rumors about some copies shipping early (as I wrote). Reading comprehension 101: read the whole thing.

So has anyone received a new copy or word that it was on the way?

Chris

15. macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

i would like to know why some of us haven't yet received this email...and why it was sent on a sunday for most of you...that seems like such an odd day for anyone to be working...especially for apple....all i know is that i want jaguar and i want it now...i have no patience

16. macrumors newbie

Don't know why some would have gotten it and others not. I think perhaps it was because I received an invoice for the shipping charges (I got express shipping) the day before. Those who received THAT invoice probably got all excited thinking their copy was going to ship, so Apple sent out a clarifying email. I also ordered mine on edu discount.

17. macrumors regular

Well, I received the notice on Sunday and now - 4 days later by my count - have yet to receive a tracking number.

I'd assumed the "Wednesday and Thursday" was for the shipping of 2nd day and next day air packages respectively, but since today's the last day they can send my copies by next day air if I'm to receive it in time (unless they're paying the extra for FedEx Saturday delivery, which I doubt) and I've yet to receive even an inactive tracking number, who knows?

18. macrumors member

Jaguar by the 24th

I am in the same boat. I recieved the e-mail on sunday and here it is thursday morning and no tracking number. I ordered mine 2nd day air. My online order status still says being assembled. I am going to be pissed if I don't get it until next week. I can only hope they are backed up and have not had time to get the tracking numbers out to everybody. I had that happen with a 17" display that got delivered to me before I recieved a number.

19. macrumors regular

I got the same one too. My Dad also got it over the weekend and then yesterday...Wednesday...he recieved an e-mail saying his copy had shipped. He went to the web site and it said fully shipped. He ordered his early last week. I ordered mine on July 17th. I got the e-mail, but no shipment notification.

20. macrumors 65816

I received the same e-mail. Purchased at Apple Store on July 17th.

21. macrumors newbie

I got the email AND the shipping notification, but the shipping notification was a day late. It shipped yesterday and I got the email today. According to Fed Ex (I got 2 day service), at last scan it was in Tennessee yesterday afternoon on it's way to Minnesota.

The anticipation is KILLING ME!!!

(By the way, we're dorks.) ;-)

22. macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

i'm confused...it was scanned in tennessee and then to minnesota...isn't your location listed as boston?

23. macrumors 6502a

crazytom

Roman numerals throughout!

Since they started with the whole 'X' deal, why not keep it going? Mac OS X.I; X.I.V; X.II??? Why quit what you've started? :confused: :)

24. thread starter macrumors 6502a

chmorley

Arrived!

Mine arrived in Denver at 12:37 Mountain Time today.

Betcha I'm not the only one...

Chris

25. macrumors regular

Re: Arrived!

So did you ever get a shipping notice??? I would like to think that mine is on the way to, but no actuall shipping notice...just e-mail saying it would ship Wednesday or Thursday.