Jaguar installation question

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by goglamosh, Aug 21, 2002.

1. goglamosh macrumors member

Jul 7, 2002
    i just upgraded to OS 10.2 on my just received 17" iMac. and things aren't running as snappy as i expected, i.e., scrolling in internet explorer i and resizing windows is slow. is it best just to do a clean installation or is the upgrade performance i am getting normal? thanks.
  2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    I know B2TM did the update from 10.1.5 to 10.2 and said that he had no problems at all and the whole system was now flying!
  3. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

Apr 2, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Re: Jaguar installation question

scrolling in ie has always been a problem -- since it doesnt take advantae of quartz..

the overall system should be faster, if not, maybe its worth doing a clean install.. but you really shouldnt have too..

if you really want good scrolling speed, etc.. i would use omni web.. its really a great program..

4. goglamosh thread starter macrumors member

Jul 7, 2002
    thanks for the info.. i tried omni web and was better, but just resizing windows in iTunes was slow. so i am now attempting a clean install.
  5. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

Aug 6, 2002

I installed the first build of 10.2 on my old iMac (G3 450Hz) and everything ran fine, including IE and resizing of iTunes worked, and this was only the first build.

6. goglamosh thread starter macrumors member

Jul 7, 2002
    can i even do a clean install with the jaguar upgrade disc? i can't find the option anywhere. thanks.
  7. mac15 macrumors 68040

Dec 29, 2001
    nah you can't its an upgrade CD,

as for the speed issues, I'm impresses but not overly ipressed, most apps are mad eof r the new features of osx.2 so they are still slow, until then it will still have some of the speed back from 10.1
  8. goglamosh thread starter macrumors member

Jul 7, 2002