Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AngusB

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2002
Washington DC
I didn't get a tracking notification and the Apple store says that my order is still being prepared....but when I got home from work...it was on my doorstep!!

Looks like I'll be having fun tonight!

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Well, have fun then.

BTW, what significan software can you run in Jaguar besides iTunes and Photoshop?

ecino1

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2002
Canada
Toast Works For Me

Toast works in Jaguar for me. But I have had it make a few coasters in Jaguar also, that may be my burner though.

AngusB

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2002
Washington DC
Notes on Jaguar

Jaguar install went well, but man...it seems slow.

It takes mac help like a minute to start up. Also, I can't figure out what exactly rendezvous is supposed to do for me that Samba wasn't doing! Finally, my ISub sounds like crap!

On the good side, all of my software seems to still work. Virtual PC, Dreamweaver, Office...no problems so far.

Also IChat and ICalc are great!

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Re: Jaguar is HERE!

Originally posted by AngusB
I didn't get a tracking notification and the Apple store says that my order is still being prepared....but when I got home from work...it was on my doorstep!!

Looks like I'll be having fun tonight!

i'm hoping that is what will happen to me... but i ordered it just last week so who knows....

but, i did get a fedex dropoff slip so maybe that was it... we'll see tomorrow... i sure hope so!

User X

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2002
I got a shipment notification this morning at 1:30am that said my copy was shipped on wednesday. It is now schedualed for delivery today. What happened to the other jaguar thread, did everybody else get there copy?

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
Jaguar arrived in all the glory and splendor

Except now DVD Studio Pro doesn't export to MPEG2! I sure hope they fix this soon. Got it here in Rockville Maryland.

Some other things I noticed, and this was after a complete reformatting of the drive and reinstalling Jaguar with both CDs.

The problem I noticed on the prerelease version of applications not launching in front still exists. No matter what application I try, it launches in the background while leaving the application that was active when the program was launched in the foreground. I have to double click in the Finder, click in the dock after the program is launched, click in the application window or command-tab to get the application that was launched to activate. I don't know why they did this. Perhaps it is to show off how multitasking orientated Jaguar is. Unfortunately, it means one extra step. Remember the age of simplicity? No step 3? It is gone.

Still the overall speed of the system is so fast, even with this application launching hiccup, I'd say it is 4 steps forward, 1 step back.

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
Re: Notes on Jaguar

Originally posted by AngusB
Jaguar install went well, but man...it seems slow.

It takes mac help like a minute to start up. Also, I can't figure out what exactly rendezvous is supposed to do for me that Samba wasn't doing! Finally, my ISub sounds like crap!

On the good side, all of my software seems to still work. Virtual PC, Dreamweaver, Office...no problems so far.

Also IChat and ICalc are great!

is it slower than before..? what kinda mac do you have..? did you do a clean or upgrade install?

-f

AngusB

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2002
Washington DC
Upgrade Type

I did an upgrade, not a clean install beacause I did not want to have to reinstall all of my software...(And I'm unlucky enougth to not have an I-pod to hold my 15GB's of MP3's :) )

I am running on a new I-mac so processor and memory is not the problem. And its not that everything runs slow....Just Mac Help (so far)

Finally, I haven't tried moving my ISub off the keyboard USB port to the back, so I am hoping that clears up how horrible it sounds.

Anyway, I am sorta happy so far...we'll see if I learn anything at the Clarendon event tonight...

See you guys there!

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
Solved my DVD Studio Pro problem...looks like you need to apply the Quicktime 6 Pro installation first, and then install DVD Studio Pro. Upgrading to Jaguar loses the Quicktime 6 Pro key which you have to reinsert.

Draft

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2002
Chicago, IL
I received my copy yesterday. I haven't had time to install it, though, because I'm currently out of town. I'll install it on Sunday and let you guys know how it works.

A note on shipping: It didn't say that mine was sent until after it got to my house. Also, my credit card has yet to be billed.

Draft

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.