Jaguar now shipping with some new machines!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gopher, Aug 12, 2002.

1. gopher macrumors 65816

According to http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/

Still unclear:

Do machines that ship with Jaguar come with a Mac OS 9 CD?
    Do machines that ship with Jaguar have the ability to boot directly into 9 from the startup disk system settings? I've e-mailed xlr8yourmac.com to find out if they can find this from the user.

2. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

that's a bunch of crap that someone just made up...apple isn't shipping machines with jaguar until after october when the "up-to-date" program expires...(jaguar for 19.99 USD) on all new macs bought between july 17 and october 31

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Point of silliness:

Isn't July 17 through October 31 the phase in/transition period for a major OS version, giving Apple time to include OS X v10.2 on new Macs and to clear the channel of old stock?

4. gopher thread starter macrumors 65816

No crap...I just got a reply back from xlr8yourmac.com that Mac OS 9.2.2 CD was included with the iBook and it would boot from it.

So there you have it...Jaguar is shipping with new machines folks and you won't have to worry about missing Mac OS 9 compatibility until the next OS release, unless all you do is buy a shrinkwrapped Jaguar without a new machine.

5. kwajo.com macrumors 6502a

kwajo.com

i hope this is true, that means my iMac that should arrive this week, might come with Jaguar, thus saving me time (screw waiting for the mail) and money (that $19.99 is ALOT of canadian dollars). If it does ship with the discs, I will be sure to let you know