Jaguar > Panther

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ump3, Jul 4, 2003.

1. ump3 macrumors member

ump3

Could any enlighten me please, I was just about to purchase 10.2 when I heard about Panther. So now I am left in a situation where I don't wanna spend £99 on 10.2 with panther 'round the corner'. At what point will Apple give a free 'upgrade' to Jaguar purchasers? Knowing Apple its probably only available to people that bought Jaguar the day before Panther was released.

2. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

Panther will be avaliable round the end of the year. So if your going to buy Jaguar do it now

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

What are you running now? You could contact Apple, and ask what the upgrade pricing will be just to see what they say. Last time, I believe anyone who bought 10.1 after 10.2 was officially demoed got it for $20 (or free). Final Cut Pro 3 had a similar thing after FCP 4 was announced, but it was specifically mentioned if you went to buy it.

The Apple Online Store, under 10.2, makes no such claim.

If you can wait a few months, I suggest doing that. Otherwise, be prepard to buy twice.

4. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

I think you need to buy Jaguar within 2 or so weeks from when Panther comes out in order to get Panther for $20. So that might be a while. I don't know what to tell you, that is a tough spot. Jaguar is really worth it, but if you have been using 10.1 all this time, a few more months won't hurt.