Jaguar sleep mode

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by solvalou, Aug 23, 2002.

1. solvalou macrumors newbie

Hello everyone - I have a new user name, but have been on the board for a while.

I have a problem with Jaguar. Every time I put it to sleep, I cannot restart with a keystroke - I have to reset. I cannot see how to alter the sleep settings in System prefs. The first time I have used OS X.

Can anyone please help?

2. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Simply go to system prefs, and under the title Hardware look for the light bulb labeled, "Energy Saver". Click on it and readjust your sleep time to never.

3. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

Re: Jaguar sleep mode

did you realise you could have keept your old posts and just changed the name over, so you can still do it

4. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Re: Re: Jaguar sleep mode

How?

irmongoose

5. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

Ummm MacAztec did it so you might have to ask him or you could maybe ask arn to do it, I'm not 100% sure but ask around

6. solvalou thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks MacAztec.

I did what you said, and sleep seems to work as well...... Thst is, the computer now starts up with any keystroke when sleeping as opposed to yesterday whan I needed to hard reset. Goodness knows why...

Incidentally, I am using a PB G3 at 333 Mhz. Jag is, er, leisurely, but I already love it. My wife just bought an expensive digital camera for her company. It is lying here, with a CD ROM full of drivers. She knows how much fun the installation proces is going to be on their NT boxes, and the file management too.

I plugged it in and iPhoto launched, of course - no drivers. She couldn't believe it!