Jaguar, to clean install or not to clean install, that is the question!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by LimeiBook86, Oct 10, 2002.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I have gotten a refirbished Power Macintosh G3 Mini Tower 333mhz 128mb RAM, 8 GB HD, CD-ROM, Floppy, and Zip. I bought it from Mac of All Trades (www.macofalltrades.com) Which I highly recomend... Anywho... It came with Mac OS 8.6, I put 9.2.1 then 10.1.5 on it. Now I'm going to buy Jaguar soon. Should I do a clean install? I've read about problems when just plain old upgrading. Do you think I will have any? I hope not. Well I have 5 out of 8 GB left on my HD, and with Photoshop and all I WILL buy another HD (maybe 80, 100 or 120) By the way my HD is IDE. Any of you know where I can get killer deals on 80, 100, or 120 GB HDs? Well what should I do? Catchy title eh? ;) :rolleyes: :cool: :D

2. Fezwick macrumors 6502

I recommend a clean install of Jaguar. You will go through less headaches that way. A good place to get an IDE HD is probably www.macsales.com. Bought my 36.7 gig SCSI drive from there for 150 bucks.

3. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

yeah...clean install is the way to go IMO...and as said, it does take away future headaches...

4. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

OK...

Thanks... so when I get enough $ for a bigger, newer HD I'll do a clean install of Jaguar. If I leave OS 9 and OS Z (10.1.5) on the other HD will everything be ok, because I don't feel like erasing my entire HD...

EDIT: OS Z lol! Rather then correct my spelling I think I'll just leave it that way, lol, really everyone knows what I ment, right!?