Jaguar VPN???

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Larryfl1, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Larryfl1 macrumors newbie

Jul 17, 2002
    Hi all,

I have my new dual 1ghz machine with jaguar and for the life of me I cant find where to configure a vpn connection. Does anyone know how to do this??

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Aug 9, 2002
    Sorry, i dont know how. But you already got it?! I ordered mine about 2.5 hours after it was released and they tell me it wont even be shipped for another 4 or 5 days
  3. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

Apr 2, 2002
    Hong Kong
    hey may have gotten express shipping...
  4. Larryfl1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 17, 2002
    Ran to the local apple store

I ran to the local apple store in miami. They had them.

I just ordered an additional 1gb ddr 2700 ram. I assume it will make a huge difference in performance from the pidily 256 mb provided

5. peterjhill macrumors 65816

Apr 25, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Re: Jaguar VPN???

Yeah, they sure hid it well. It took me a week to find it. You have to open up the Internet Connection application (in the application folder) and choose new vpn connection. You then put in the ip address of the vpn concentrator and the username and password.

After you create the PPTP account/connection, it will show up in your network control panel. I would highly recommend that if you are using NAT, that you go to the network CP and add your DNS servers to the PPTP/VPN connection. I found this out when I was able to establish the connection, but since my dns was all proxy'ed through the airport, and my airport was a address, I was not able to speak to it. I could, OTOH connect to the dns servers at work just fine once I configured them.
  6. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Aug 9, 2002
    The RAM difference wont be huge, but it will be noticable. As a general rule 1 processor can use 512mb of RAM effectively (more than that is overkill for almost any use). But since the new PMs are dual processor, 1gb of RAM is what you really need for optimum performance