Jaguars vs. Panthers

Discussion in 'Community' started by insidedanshead, Sep 7, 2003.

1. insidedanshead macrumors regular

HOW COME NO ONE HAS POSTED ABOUT THE JAGUARS PLAYING THE PANTHERS today?! I mean hello! this is like a monumental game here for us mac folk. Anyway.. the panthers won by 1 point... 23 - 24.. Coincidence? I think not.

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Awesome game!! :D

We were watching that game while fixing lunch...exciting...

not like the game I'm watching at the moment... :(

3. Waluigi macrumors 6502

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Only a true nerd would see the humor in that! Amazing, simply amazing! Thanks for the laugher of the day...believe me, up in New England we can use a little cheering up today....

--Waluigi

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

yeah...I'm a geek...but it didn't register right away...

I'm so disappointed in our team today...blah... :mad:

5. insidedanshead thread starter macrumors regular

Hey, I am on the Lions turf.. and even though we won today.. I think a lot of it was lucky plays... and big mistakes on the cardinals part

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

this was pretty fun, great for us yahoo's in the carolina's. enjoyed the block punt.

7. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Jaguar's -- 23
    Panther's -- 24

% Upgrade.

Kinda disappointing...

:p

Only a 1% Gain...

8. RobVanDam macrumors member

Man, having to rely on the Cardinals to make mistakes in order to win. That's a bad sign.

I have a question though, are all the major upgrades of OS X going to be named after bad NFL teams? They have Jaguar and Panther, but still have Bengal and Lion left.

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That is why I'm very happy that my life isn't tied to sports. It is after all only a game. It's meant to be entertaniment, just like the Boss concert a Fenway on Saturday and Sunday evening. That are both after all money making enterprises, meant to make profits for the investors. The favorite refrain is, "Well there is always next year."

10. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

So when do the panthers and jaguars play again?

11. Macco macrumors regular

Sorry to be picky and such, as is my style, but that would be about a 4 percent gain (1/25).

12. dho macrumors 6502

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I don't know if this thought has occured to anyone else on the forum? Everytime I see the heading I think of Mac OS X 10.2 & 10.3. I'm not that sports minded, so that is probably the reason for my thoughts each time. Keep expecting to see a discussion of the OS's.

14. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Methinks Steve did some under the table deals and bribery for this to happen. Who wants to bet the Panthers will win?

15. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

yeah, a 4.3478260869565% gain, to be more exact :p

16. Macco macrumors regular

it's funny I realized that just after I posted... finally, someone pickier than myself...

17. Phil Of Mac macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

So THAT'S how you Bears fans cope!

GO PACKERS!

18. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i would say that the os x versions from beta til now are prolly like 25 percent improvements each time and one could say its twice as good as when it started

it's the third party support that makes os x tick and finally, they are noticeably coming around

those third party companies are like the fans the nfl needs...i wish the raiders had actual fans instead of street gangs who like the colors because if every raider's piece of clothing belonged to a raider's fan, then things would be different and there would not be broadcast blackouts of the raider's games right on their home turf of northern california due to lack of interest...the raiders went to the superbowl, what more exposure do they need?

but the few fans that like oakland thru thick and thin do make themselves very vocal at games and they practically all know each other

the 49ers fans are so large in its base because the team has been a playoff contender with montana, clark, craig, b young, s young, paris, rice, garcia, garner, and owens for over 20 years and is now football's longest dynasty (and last remaining one)

19. Phil Of Mac macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

So how's it feel to get beat by the lowly Seahawks last night!?!?!? :D

20. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

not so bad in light of the fact that LONGHORN got wasted this weekend ;)

a message to apple on releasing products: SOONER is better :p

21. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

maybe that the seahawks are now in the nfc west, that will be a good change of venue for them and they will rise to the occassion with a hot and cold rams, and an old 49ers squad...these next few years can be good for seattle

22. Phil Of Mac macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

Definitely. I can see Seattle being the next great team of the NFL.

23. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

your baseball team already has ichiro and he will definitely rack up more MVPs before he retires

i might move to vancouver with my wife so we will be close and could catch games...that would be exciting

my raiders and 49ers have most likely seen their best days and will have to rebuild again but those two teams are itching to win the superbowl so it won't be long before they come back into serious contention

the As have hope and the giants will likely see barry bonds retire, but not before he surpasses babe ruth