Jailbreak and iCloud?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by definitive, Dec 27, 2011.

1. macrumors 68000

definitive

Does one affect the other, especially when backing up to the iCloud?

2. macrumors regular

3. macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

4. macrumors member

So, correct me if I am wrong, but backing up and restoring via iCloud when jailbroken is actually better than before icloud, where your backups would contain jailbreak files etc and cause issues when restoring using these backups?

I am wondering the same thing about the possibility of wiping/restoring from icloud after jailbreaking. So backups will continue just as they always have, all of my contacts, messages, app data etc. will continue to get backed up every night via icloud, while I enjoy a jailbroken phone. And a month or two down the road, I could wipe the phone, and restore from icloud to a completely "pure" iphone, with all of my most recent data?

If this is correct, I am pretty stoked. Pretty sure I will be jailbreaking tonight.

5. macrumors member

^^^
    I am also interested in this. Is that correct? Did you do it?

6. macrumors 68040

bigjnyc

Thats correct. iCloud backups are not affected by jailbreak. Everything will be backed up as usual. Jailbreak items will not be backed up however, once you restore your phone and use iCloud to restore all your info it will be a "pure" like you said..... There are programs like xbackup or pkgbackup that will backup your jailbreak information as well, so when you restore and jailbreak again all your sources and tweaks can be restored... But again that's all seperate from Apple's iCloud.