Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sarmo187

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
Considering the Ipod Touch 4 is going to come with iOS4, will the jailbreak already be ready for it.. or will we have to wait for them to come out with a certain version or update? :confused:

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
Just checking, I know that it is no longer illegal to jailbreak a device. However, does it still break the warranty?

Yes, if they find out.

I'm guessing the jailbreak will not be out right away. It took a bit for the 3G jailbreak to come out, and even longer before the untethered jailbreak.

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
Yes, if they find out.

I'm guessing the jailbreak will not be out right away. It took a bit for the 3G jailbreak to come out, and even longer before the untethered jailbreak.

I think you meant 3Gs since you referenced untethered jailbreaks.

But I'm with you, there's definitely going to be a delay. The dev-team tries to make sure their tools will work for the most devices possible and for the longest time possible.

Since this is the case... I think we'd be lucky to see a jailbreak for 4.1 until they've had plenty of time to test it on the new iPods.

In fact... I wouldn't be surprised if they waited until 4.2 so they could hit the iPad at the same time.

Derkatwork

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2010
Milwaukee

But I'm with you, there's definitely going to be a delay. The dev-team tries to make sure their tools will work for the most devices possible and for the longest time possible.

Since this is the case... I think we'd be lucky to see a jailbreak for 4.1 until they've had plenty of time to test it on the new iPods.

In fact... I wouldn't be surprised if they waited until 4.2 so they could hit the iPad at the same time.

Now I know that the ipod touch 3G can be jailbroken, so wouldn't running the 3.1 iOS version be doable on a ipod touch 4G until they do have a version for 4.0?

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area

No, I did mean the iPod touch 3G. it wasn't with an untethered jailbreak for a LONG time.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised either if they waited for 4.2.

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
Now I know that the ipod touch 3G can be jailbroken, so wouldn't running the 3.1 iOS version be doable on a ipod touch 4G until they do have a version for 4.0?

No. 4.0 is already jailbroken and there would be no way to downgrade the new iTouch with 4.1 to 3.1 without jailbreaking it anyway.

No, I did mean the iPod touch 3G. it wasn't with an untethered jailbreak for a LONG time.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised either if they waited for 4.2.

Haha, sorry. I was thinking iPhone 3G. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.