Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimbo23

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2009
i have a iphone 3gs. ios5. jailbroken with redsnow (tethered obvs). today it accidently shut off and i had to wait til i got home so i could boot it up in redsnow again. i did that, but it would only last a couple minutes.. then it would go back to the apple logo screen, meaning i would have to rejailbreak boot.

this was definitely not normal so i shut it off for a while, and tried it again. this time i couldnt get passed the apple logo at all. redsnow wouldnt (still doenst) detect it and i cant boot it up.

i realize i probably have to reformat... BUT I CANT! itunes doesnt recognize it. even when i boot it into the screen with the iphone cord and itunes logo on it.. itunes still doesnt recognize it.

ive tried for hours and googled my life away... but i still cant get it working.

thanks all

Last edited by a moderator:

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
Try a different USB Port and USB cord.

Make sure iTunes is up to date.

Try DFU mode until it works.

Dangerous Theory

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2011
UK
Is there another JB program other than redsnow you could try to use?

Presumably you tried hard resets and all that.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Do you have the WiFi Sync App installed on your computer from the jailbreak store?

Try Pwned dfu mode in Redsnow and restore.

dweezle3

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
Earth
Something a bit like this happened to me a month ago. If you're willing, you might want to try removing the logic board from the phone and setting it aside for an hour or so to reset and then putting it back into the phone. Seemed to work for me, apparently it clears the NVRAM or something. Obviously try everything else listed above first though, I'd only leave taking your phone apart as a last resort. Good luck!

jimbo23

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2009
Try reset all settings It restores it without iTunes

----------

Settings->General->Reset->Reset All Settings

my phone doesnt turn on dude...

Is there another JB program other than redsnow you could try to use?

Presumably you tried hard resets and all that.

what would be best to try?

Do you have the WiFi Sync App installed on your computer from the jailbreak store?

Try Pwned dfu mode in Redsnow and restore.

no i dont. and i did try but nothing...

jimbo23

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2009
nothings working guys... im getting ready to throw this thing through a wall soon..

jimbo23

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2009
yes and yes.

my other computer said it failed to install the drivers... why..

kage207

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
You know DFU mode is a perfect 8seconds? Best way to do this is open your system clock and watch the seconds and after 8 seconds let go of the power button and keep holding that home button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.