Jammin With GarageBand

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jazzman45, Oct 8, 2004.

1. jazzman45 macrumors member

So if you're completely bored and have a few instruments lying around, try this stupid trick!

Set up a couple extra users on yer computer. Start up garageband on each one and there you go, multiple live inputs...can't record but hey, it's a fun little ditty to try out.

-Tyler

2. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I don't understand. So if you can't record, why go into the computer in the first place. can't you just jam?

3. jazzman45 thread starter macrumors member

because you can use the garageband instruments. ie i use a set up yamaha midi drums and use the built-in garageband kits. so you could play guitar and bass w/ effects and the drums all through your mac. if you're in a dorm, this is great because you can keep the noise down a bit.

-tyler

4. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

Oh cool. I don't use GarageBand, so I don't know- So the app allows you to use live effects/distortion, etc. when you plug your guitar in? For instance, I can just plug in my guitar and use the computer as an amp? If so, I will be getting this asap.

5. jazzman45 thread starter macrumors member

yeah! there's a bunch of effects and stuff. i just use my iMac for an amp now.