jan 22

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by kidtronix, Jan 17, 2002.

1. kidtronix macrumors regular

isn't this when the new iMac is shippin? seybold may hold G4 and cross my chest maybe even G5 but nothing before and seybold is in february. relax, read a book.

:eek:

2. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

I reckon that Seybold is the latest apple can release a new tower. However, the build times of the 800DP here is the UK is already 15 days, which suggests that somethings is happening sooner rather than later.

3. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

10 days listed ship time for location 5 minutes from Apple's front door

I'm a 5minute drive from Apple's headquarters. That puts me 3 days of real ship time away from the nearest plant in Sacramento. A 3 day delivery time can be reliably added to BTO's coming from Sac when the listed "ship time" is zero days (yes, I've had that happen with a BTO......about 6 weeks ago in fact).
    So: We're looking at a ship-to time that puts even the shortest deliveries out past the end of "crystal clear savings". This is a reliable indicator of a new Rev. ;)

4. BillGates macrumors member

I'm betting speed bumped G4 pro systems will be announced Jan 22nd.
    Watch the Apple web site.

____
    The next big rumor is only a thought away.

5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

so is everyone going to gather around their computers on the eve of January 22 to possibly witness the changeover like we all did when they were updating the slogans on Apple's homepage the days leading up to MWSF?

6. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Nope.

I'm gonna be playing Lord of Destruction or having a nice boink with my wife.;)

7. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: Nope.

I don't think I've literally laughed out loud after reading a post on this site until just now! :p

8. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Mischief

is this an indication of what takes priority in your life? I'm sure she'd be flatered! :D

9. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Actually, it is.

Though not in the listed order. I have devised a 5-year-to-millionaire scheme to allow a kid budget sometime soon. :rolleyes:

Funny, getting married was the single most powerful stimulus toward "getting serious" I've ever experienced, I've found new focus and drive. Oddly enough, Apple's success is key to my plans working. This is why I hang around and debate toward sound conclusions: It effects my Business Plan. ;)

10. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

come december i'll be married too. Mind you, there's no plans for kids for quite a while yet! We'll both have debts to pay off before we can ever start thinking about a family, plus i'll just have to have the 'latest and greatest' apple offerings ;)

Good luck with the 5 year plan! Any chance you'd share your riches with the not-so-well-off?

11. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

I'm "not so well off"

Global operations in the second 5 years will need all kind of folks. Ask yourself: Which OS will be best to introduce to developing nations as they stabilize?;)