Janet Jackson accuses Bush of hiding behind 'nipplegate'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Stelliform, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Linky

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oh man. What a whacked family. Someone should inform them that the world doesn't revolve around the Jackson family.

4. macsrus macrumors 6502

Hey she is intitled to her neurosis.. I mean opinon

5. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

OK, Georgie hides behind a LOT OF THINGS, but Janet Jackson's exposed breast is NOT one of them.

The biggest story here is the incalculable size of Janet Jackson's ego. Wow.

6. takao macrumors 68040

takao

7. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

hmmm... if you read what she is quoted as saying you'd understand that she is not blaming him for what actually happened but that he took advantage of what happened to divert attention from himself.

It is plausible. It certainly isn't the first time something like this has been done. I mean really, it was a nipple. Get over it.

8. takao macrumors 68040

takao

i've watched it and thought in the first moment that it was part of the show.....(which was unbelievably bad)

9. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

I personally felt that was the least offensive part of the show. If the Superbowl had been on at night then the sexual innendo wouldn't have been a big deal, but to show that during hours when kids are watching :eek:

I knew that it wasn't part of the show, but I couldn't believe most of the show was the show...

10. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Just wait for the Michael Jackson trial to start and the world will revolve around the Jackson family.

But the breast wasn't really anything to get excited about, there's other nipples I'd rather have seen than hers.

Heck, the cheerleaders doing a striptease would have been far more exciting.

11. macsrus macrumors 6502

Please Please..... Say it ain't so

12. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Oh, for our collective sanity, I hope they keep this trial under lock and key.

You said it, brother.

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Not to get this too far afield, but the cheerleaders practically DO a striptease and that's fine with those offended by Janet's nipple shield. I mean when cheerleaders do their kicks and stuff there's only a small piece of fabric between the camera and their crotch. Yet when Janet only has a small piece of jewelry between the camera and her nipple somehow it's a whole different matter that offends families. Go figure.

Also I guess erectile disfunction is something parents want to be talking about with their small children. Shouldn't I have a right not to have to discuss that stuff with my hypothetical children?

14. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

And yet, here we are talking about them. :rolleyes:

15. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Dude, I deal with this crap constantly. My wife has had to close the windows in her classroom in the beginning of summer to keep out the sounds of the helicopters circling the courthouse where Jackson is on trial. She has to commute through the media throng to get to work. The local newspapers are filled with Scott Peterson and Micheal Jackson. I feel like a get to gripe about them a little. :cool: