Janklow sentenced to 100 days in jail

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jan 22, 2004.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

janklow is a habitual speeder who racked up many traffic tickets. 100 days for manslaughter. yes!!! tough on crime!!!

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

special interest run this country everywhere you look and its getting worse. if this was any other american he would have gotten more time for killing a innocent person. justice system playing politics, CBS playing politics what ever happened to white is white and black is black? thanks zimv20 and this guy had a history of speeding a mile long.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

And we have a Bishop on trial for hit & run here for mowing down a pedestrian and driving off.

The old "I thought... I hit a dog & somebody threw a rock" defense.

Of course he doesn't have a history of speeding, just running into things.

---

Sort of sad these people don't really like to take responsibility for their actions behind the wheel. :rolleyes:

4. Code101 macrumors newbie

But if he was a Liberal, he should have just been hit with a violation and fine, right?

Only Republicans should go to jail.

5. numediaman macrumors 6502a

Well, it's a start.

6. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

Actually, its pretty funny.

When a Republican does something wrong, like killing a motorcyclist (SD) or accepting payoffs in a corruption scandal (IL), republicans pretty much ditch and distance themselves from the disgraced.

But when a Democrat does something wrong, like killing a campaign worker (MA) or lying to a grand jury (AR), democrats close ranks and protect their own.

7. wwworry macrumors regular

Really, all those jerks persecuting good ol' Rush and all those asshats complaining about the time our president didn't spend in the reserves!

and the democrats probably wrote that stupid law about not revealing the identity of CIA operatives...

8. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

Lets see...
    my example has 3 indictments...
    your example has how many indictments?

9. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

i'm not sure why balancing the transaction ledger of national legal proceedings over the ages is relevant...

the issue for me is: a public figure received what is probably preferential treatment.

that he is a republican merely adds to the irony, since the GOP is the 'tough on crime' party.

10. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Funny that no one mentioned political parties until you brought it up.

This has nothing to do with his party, but you've used it in a desperate and pathetic attempt to attack "liberals." Interesting.

11. 2jaded2care macrumors 6502

As a (usually) Republican voter, I'm glad Janklow got convicted, but he should've gotten more than 100 days for killing an innocent guy. Janklow is a scofflaw and deserved more time. I'd say the same if he were Rep or Dem. Think if that motorcyclist was your family member, how lenient would you feel toward this driving menace?

'Course, I also saw in yesterday's local paper where a convict got out after 5 yrs for murder, and just committed another one. So, it isn't just Janklow, the system doesn't work for everyone.

12. zapp macrumors regular

zapp

I do totally agree with that. It doesn't matter which party he was in. The guy was speeding, ran a stop sign and killed somebody because of his lack of concern for the law. And he was a lawmaker for the icing on the cake. I wonder if they at least they revoked his drivers license after the jail term is over, hopefully forever.