January Sales!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mculnane, Dec 4, 2006.

1. mculnane macrumors newbie

Hello, just registered but been browsing the forums for a few days now. I have a bit of a stupid question! I live in the UK by the way.

I'm looking to buy a MacBook asap - it's not imperative that I get it now, but it would be nice. ;)

Having never bought any computer hardware by myself before, I was wondering if we are likely to see any price reductions after Christmas? Either from the Apple store or on the high street. Or are these sorts of things not really season-dependent in that way?

Thanks!

2. amiga macrumors 6502

amiga

Its difficult to say about other retailers but Apple aren't likely to have a sale... they had an Even on Friday at the Apples stores in the UK, it was hardly worth the effort! Apple UK don't do sales as far as I know.

If your in higher Ed you can get a discount, also if you work for some large companies... There's always the refurb store online...

:)

3. mculnane thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks amiga. Unfortunately I'm not in HI nor do I work for a big company!

Perhaps I'll investigate the refurb store then... don't know much about it as yet.

4. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Look at the refurbished (repaired) items on the Apple site. There are often refreshed (returned) machines available after the holidays at a small discount.