Japanese text through hotmail.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by butaro, Mar 1, 2007.

1. butaro macrumors regular

Nov 9, 2006
    Im having a very odd problem.
    Any japanese text that i write into hotmail does not work at all in the receiving side. (On my OSX tiger running macbook)

I have tested this many times even with using it on a PC. My PC is able to outgoing fine with the default IME.

I have tried writing in different ways and changing the page encoding but when reading (both osx and windows) all i get are ????????'s.

Has anyone had experience with this?

EDIT: Japanese input works fine everywhere else, chatting, word processing, online dictionaries or message boards....... but not hotmail! I have had this problem for a while and just typed on my PC but i won't always have my PC to do this..........as well, i keep forgetting about the problem on my mac and since hotmail is set to not save sent mail i always have to retype what i wrote from memory which can be a bit difficult and less fun since im not totally proficient.
  2. methuselah macrumors newbie

May 16, 2008
    Paris and Oxford

I have that same problem, and it drives me nuts. But I haven't found a solution yet. Given that you posted this awhile ago, have you had any luck fixing your problem? I'd appreciate any advice you might have.