Japanese Translation Please

Discussion in 'Community' started by arn, Oct 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Can someone accurately translate the Oct 2 2002 entry from this site?

http://www.kodawarisan.com/ug/

I tried the auto-translators and they don't give a good translation.

thanks
    arn

2. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

Sherlock translates this way... but its very vague:

3. vniow macrumors G4

Hmmmmm....

From what I can make out of it, it seems to say that the Powerbooks will get a Superdrive along with a price cut.

BTW, I wish sh*t wasn't censored cuz everytime Matsush*ta is mentioned it looks funny.:(

4. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

This is what you seek arn:
    October 2nd of 2002
     Macworld 2003 keynote presentation, of course Steve!
    According to information, that according to ordinary year the keynote presentation of Steve was announced in MaC$world Expo San Francisco 2003, it is thing. This time, it plans also the local report from the room of prejudice
     PowerBook G4 production end of current model?
    According to information, when PowerBook G4 (DVI) production of the new model is started on the production line of the model, it is thing. Around ahead supply of the Matsu****a make slot loading system SuperDrive which is announced is in time, it seems that also the possibility of being loaded is (presently, detailed information waits). Current PowerBook G4 is going down actual market price, in order to have decreased also the stock quantity favorably, it seems that becomes announcement of according to schedule

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

6. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

7. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

Of course there will be a new Powerbook...the question is when?

Is this saying MWSF03? That would be one real long time for an update...

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Well, not unless there is a speed bump in between....which would be fine for most people. But the rumors are pretty scarce - someone needs to do some digging and find out what's going on.

9. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

"the room of prejudice"??

"according to ordinary year"? who is ORDINARY YEAR? :D

"the possibility of being loaded?" :)

i think we have some japanese friends here who could translate the article a lot accurately right?

10. Titanium.X macrumors newbie

It appears they are saying...

Work began on a new Superdrive equipped PowerBook back when the PowerBook G4(DVI) was introduced and they are simply waiting on supplies of the recently announced slot-loading Superdrive by Matsu****a. Prices of current models are coming down and inventory levels are dropping so an announcement must be coming soon.

That is how I read the translation.

Titanium.X

11. scottag macrumors newbie

Jeezus, these translations are numbing my mind!

Here ya go:

-------------------

- Who will host Macworld 2003? Steve, of course!
    According to sources, as always, Steve will give the keynote address at MacWorld Expo SF 2003.

- Has production ended on the current PowerBook G4 models?
    According to sources, Apple has begun manufacturing a new PowerBook G4(DVI) model. There is a possibility that the recently announced slot-loading SuperDrives by Matsu****a (Panasonic) will be used in the new PowerBooks. Prices for the current PowerBook G4 have dropped and inventory is decreasing as planned. It looks like Apple's plans for timing of an announcement will go unchanged.

-------------------

Is that better?

PS I didn't realize that Panasonic's Japan name required censoring.

12. kas95125 macrumors newbie

"it is thing..."

That clinches it for me -- new PowerBooks!:p

13. Rocketman macrumors 603

Rocketman

If they were on a sea container on the way to Cupertino, we are all $crewed. They are sitting on the wrong side of a labor dispute over being paif >$60,000 to tote boxes.

14. noht* macrumors member

sounds like a job for...*drum roll*...the indispensable bousozoku!

where is he?

i'm desperatly hoping that thing will be out before november 30, as the apple promo at our uni ends at that date...wantwantwant

noht

15. uhlawboi80 macrumors 6502

it sounds like they are getting slot load super drives.

now, if the get slot load AND a price drop AND a speed bump, i will be mucho unhappy with them...my TiBook isnt that old and dropping the price with more options added will tick me off. We will see, it doesnt sound like they will be getting this out real soon.

16. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

didn't these guys say that it was coming out later in october earlier? and this one says they are coming out "as planned"... which is... october?

17. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

My Japanese friend who isn't really a techie, but a native japanese speaker gave it a quick read through and summed it up as this:
    They've stopped making the G4powerbooks of the current configuration and have started to make the new version. The site says that they are only guessing that the new slot loading superdrive from matsu****a may be included.

18. Titanium.X macrumors newbie

They also said they it would have an external Superdrive earlier. Who knows what their track record is anyway? But then, they do consider themselves...

"The Chamber of Fussiest People"

:D

Titanium.X

19. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Super drives..... THATS SUPER!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist that corny joke...

20. daRAT macrumors regular

Yeah, new tbooks with a super drive, speed bump AND a price drop makes me giddy too :p

21. SBandit macrumors newbie

Translation

It seems like you guys got the general idea. But I'll post an accurate translation of the article anyway:

"According to my sources, a new model has started production on the old Powerbook G4(DVI) assembly line. It is possible that the production of the recently announced Matsu****a slot-loading superdrive may be incorporated (waiting confirmation on this info). Considering that the prices of the current Powerbook G4 are being reduced and the fact the the remaining stock at dealers are slowly diminishing, a new model has been expected."

22. badika macrumors newbie

we get the idea

the human translator is still the best. His sources say production of a new G4 Powerbook has started and looks like they include the recently announced Matsu****a(I had to say it) slot loading Super Drive since their production coincides with the new G4's.
    Using rumor forsenics, it clues you into to that his sources possibly deal with Matsu****a in some way and used production info and current PB market info to confirm.

Elsewhere on the page, Mr. Kodawari, will be in SF for the keynote. Rumor mongers unite!

23. badika macrumors newbie

hey, what's with this shiita?

there's some auto censoring going on here. You can't get "Matsu" and "****a" in the same word. Why would anyone give a ****a about that?

24. weeniewawa macrumors newbie

25. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It's already been done, but thanks for the opportunity. :)

I'm surprised the auto-translation didn't make Matsusita (Japanese government transliteration--uncensored--<lol>) into Pine Tree Beneath...which is what it means. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.