Java in Xcode 3.2?

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by Watabou, Oct 23, 2009.

1. macrumors 68030

Watabou

I just downloaded Xcode 3.2 and found out that there's no Java templates. I searched and found that I can go to the Organizer and open a Java tool project from there.But I don't know where to go from there. I tried creating a test file consisting of a simple for loop in the java tool project and tried running it but it instead runs a Hello World class. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm trying to learn java and I'm in a beggining java class in college. And please don't suggest Eclipse or any other IDE. I have my own reasons for trying out Xcode.

2. macrumors 603

Cromulent

Yes. You need to edit the source file in the src directory that is included in the Java Tool project. Or delete it.

3. thread starter macrumors 68030

Watabou

There's one java file in the src folder called Java_Tool.java. If I try to edit that or delete that file and add a file of my own in the src folder, and try to run it, it gives me an error that says build xml not found.

4. macrumors 603

If you want to run a different main class, you have to edit the Manifest file under "resources" in the Organizer project. At a minimum it should contain:

Code:
    Main-Class: YourClassnameHere

If your main class is defined in a package, such as:

Code:
    package my.fun.pkg;

public class MyMain
    { ...main method here... }

Then YourClassnameHere would be this fully qualified class-name: my.fun.pkg.MyMain