Java Menu Builder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dave Cleveland, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Dave Cleveland macrumors newbie

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm looking for a WYSWYG program that I can construct Java menus with on my Mac.

I've searched Google but all I keep finding are programs for PC.

Does anyone know of a good one?

2. catalyst macrumors newbie

Jul 28, 2003

sorry Dave for off topic:
    how is Java performance on Mac? Do you run any server side apps? Have you had any experience with WebLogic on PB?
  3. Dave Cleveland thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 19, 2003
    Actually I'm kind of new to Java all together. The java stuff I've done on a PC worked fine on my Mac. The only thing I noticed was a fade effect worked in IE for the PC but not on the Mac. I don't think it's Mac related though because it didn't work in Netscape on the PC either.
    I can program in HTML but java is something I don't have the time to learn right now. I need to make some drop down menus for a web page but I'd like to do it on my Mac not the PC, thus the reason for the question. :)
  4. Thom_Edwards macrumors regular

Apr 11, 2003
    when i read your first post, i thought you were talking about java. this most recent post of yours makes me think you are talking about javascript. keep in mind these are two entirely different entities, besides the name and a similar syntax. i won't do the whole history lesson, but java is from sun where javascript is from netscape.

if you're looking for javascript to add some "fanciness" to a web page, then download a demo version of dreamweaver or golive. (i would recommend either/or. i use golive.) if your serious about web page work, you will probably want to buy one of these, as the time you will save is definitely worth the money.

if you're doing "pure" java, look at jbuilder or netbeans. you can get jbuilder at borland's site for free, but it is an older version. netbeans is also free, but a huge learning curve and probably something you don't want to get into unless you have some serious time (which you mentioned you don't)

hope this helps...
  5. Dave Cleveland thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 19, 2003
    I think I may even be confusing myself here so I'll try and clear up what it is I'm looking for.

I found this program "SoThink DHTML Menu". It works independantly or as a pull down menu within DreamWeaver. The program is great because I can create any type of dynamic menu and just drop it into a cell in Dreamweaver.

I'm looking for something like this for my Mac since I'd rather work on that than my PC.

I've provided the link for the program so you can see what it is I'm talking about.

Soooo, apparently what I'm looking for is a DHTML menu creator, not Java. Sorry for the confusion.
  6. dr427 macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2005
    Oklahoma City
    I drug the old topic up because being a recent switch myself I was trying to look for a DHTML menu builder as well. Sothink's product was great, but I am not buying Virtual PC to run it.

I can't believe it is so difficult to find. Of course I googled it and then tried Dreamweaver exchange and found only 2 options.

Decloak's Hot Sauce at $150!!!!:

And then a more basic one called Hits in Motion for $20:

Any other suggestions for the casual personal homepage??? All I want is a Dreamweaver Extension for a nice menu builder.