Jave Runtime Errors

Discussion in 'macOS' started by CubaTBird, Apr 30, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Im getting run errors with that new 5.0 of java.. can i uninstall it?

2. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

ok i did the repair permissions thing and nothing came up... when i view some sites that have java i get "a serious error has occured, reinstall your operating system" is it a prob with the site or the program or what?

3. appletalk macrumors member

Java 5.0

I am getting the same java runtime error when I use acquisition or iSwipe. I would really like to know how to uninstall java 5.0 and go back to 1.4.2 or whatever... This sucks.

4. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

hrm.. thats interesting.. so looks like it breaks some other apps as well... i would think you would just dump the 5.0 app from the java folder in utilities? then again.. i dunno.. does anyone know?

5. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

There's a utility in the Java folder that allows you to switch between version, from what I understand. The Java 5.0 install notes mentioned that 1.4.2 remains the system default until you use the utility to change it, so I'm not sure where you guys are at. Did you use the Java version utility?

6. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

well i have it set to 1.4.2 and yet i still get those errors...

Attached Files:

7. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

perhaps apple and sun released this as a joint venture to stop p2p? lol.. b/c it seems to have broken other users acq and iswipe programs...

8. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

ok now it says "fatal error java could not be found?!" wtf?! I HAVE JAVA?! no one else is experiencing this?! arg!

9. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

could it be that these java apps need updates released for them? so as to work with java 1.5 correclty along with 1.4.2?