Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
u guys are silly if you dont think a JB is going to come out, if theres a will theres a way, and someone out there out of the billions has a will.

There are only two or three serious hackers/developers working on ios jailbreak for the last couple of years: pod2g, musclenerd... Anybody else?

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
I think one of the main reasons I stick with the iPhone is because it plays the best with Mac. iMovie and iPhoto integration, Photo Stream, etc. Sure there are different ways to get similar results with 3rd party apps and services, but like Steve Jobs said, when I plug my iPhone into my Mac, "It just works."

And there is NO WAY IN HELL I am going back to a Windows machine for my home computer.

BrokeTechLover

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2012
You realise that Windows RT running on ARM requires secure boot.

I.e., microsoft's version of code-signing, and will require a developer cert to upload code to the device.

Just like apple.

Huh? I just prefer Windows OS...you've confused me as to what you're implying lol

jahoys

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
Earth
There are only two or three serious hackers/developers working on ios jailbreak for the last couple of years: pod2g, musclenerd... Anybody else?

you forgot planetbeing. he provided crucial help for the iOS 5 JB. i believe he is doing the same for iOS 6 JB.

EDIT: check out this link from iClarified http://tw.gs/27v60

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011

like before have said, the one that cracks the apple iOS and makes JB has many opportunities once they do.

i dont see why someone that has the skills wouldn't spend their time doing it to get the credentials up.

im hardly a programmer, it doesnt come to me like that but other young guns where programming flows like butter, they'll do it. only reason is i dont see why not.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
My guess is next Spring. We'll probably be around 6.1.1 or 6.2 then. I'll be surprised if we saw it in time for 6.1. Could happen, though.

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
Because I, like most of the population, did. Then guess what? I stopped jailbreaking my phone and ended up buying like $600 worth of apps.

like most of the population??? are you the spokesperson for most of the population?

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
Because I, like most of the population, did. Then guess what? I stopped jailbreaking my phone and ended up buying like $600 worth of apps.

That's like 300 $1.99 apps. I call BS. Serious BS. One, that you could even find that many decent apps to pirate and two, that you can even use that many in one lifetime.

Every one of my friends JB and none us us 'pirate' apps, so there's my test sample.

I suspect there's a few app whore kids out there who horde apps just because they can, but I think the vast majority of JBs do so for usability.

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
I also Jailbreak so I can use Installous and test if I like an app. If I do, then I go and buy it to support developers, the way it should be.

When is Apple provide a way of testing an app before buying?

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
I also Jailbreak so I can use Installous and test if I like an app. If I do, then I go and buy it to support developers, the way it should be.

When is Apple provide a way of testing an app before buying?

Not to doubt you, but most people who say this really don't support the devs at the end.

Spectrum Abuser

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2011
I'm fine for the time being. I had my iPhone 4 on 6.0/6.0.1 as the software was released, but I couldn't get over the absence of SBSettings. One weekend it ended up boiling over and I downgraded the phone back down to 5.1.1 after retrieving the SHSH blobs from Cydia. My upgrade is ready, though, and probably next weekend I'll be purchasing the GSIII. It's nothing against Apple, but I want a removable battery and the iPhone can't provide that.

AppleMaster9

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2011
Thats awesome. Is goSMS the app you use or something else? I'm pumped to switch over to android.

I'm using the stock messaging app but I've used goSMS and it works great. The switch is great. Apple would have to really step its game up to even make me consider going back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.