JBL creature or Soundsticks for Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by brenton, Apr 8, 2005.

1. brenton macrumors member

Hello. I am wondering which speakers are better to get. the white JBL creature or the Soundsticks. Thanks

2. AstroManLuca macrumors member

Neither one is really exceptional for the price. I'd recommend the Logitech Z-2300s or Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (NOT the GMX-A 2.1). Either one will provide you with much higher sound quality than either the Creatures or the SoundSticks.

Of course, the Creatures are cheaper than either of those sets, so if you're pressed for cash you could get those. They still do sound fairly good, and they're very compact. But I'd still recommend one of the beefier sets for about the same price as a set of SoundSticks. They will sound a LOT better.

3. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

I love my SoundSticks and iSub. I recomend them if you like things looking great plus very good sound quality.

4. Jigglelicious macrumors 6502

Jigglelicious

Another vote for the Klipsch Promedia 2.1's. I don't understand why everyone on this forum is so obsessed over the Soundsticks of the Creatures - neither are all that great.

5. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

looks

because they look awsome as hell part of the reason we buy apples they have style.

6. Jigglelicious macrumors 6502

Jigglelicious

People buy speakers because they expect them to sound good, not because of the looks! Obviously, they shouldn't look butt ugly. But nothing should be more important than sound quality when purchasing speakers!

7. 173080 macrumors 6502

I have to agree. :D

I am thinking about getting some SoundSticks because my current speakers don't match my Mac mini + Cinema Display. Same reason I got B&O A8's for my iPod mini. :p

8. AstroManLuca macrumors member

Ugh... if you're the type of person who buys B&Os then there isn't much hope for us to convince you otherwise I guess.

Have you seen their latest MP3 player? It's like $400 or $500 for a large, clumsy flash-based player with no screen that doesn't even come with a memory card. You have to add your own.

9. 173080 macrumors 6502

Yeah, their mp3 player is overpriced and its not stylish either, so you're not really paying for either features or style. :p

10. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Guys, the HK SoundSticks II have really good sound quailty for desktop speakers. Plus, they look so cool.

11. AstroManLuca macrumors member

I'm not saying they're bad, I just think there are much better options out there for the price. I mean, there's only so much you can do with a 20W subwoofer and a pair of 10W satellites. My Logitech set has a 188W sub and two 53W satellites, as well as a control box with a power switch, bass controller, volume controller, and a headphone jack. They're very similar to the Z-2300 set.

12. xyian macrumors 6502

xyian

.......back to our regularly scheduled programming......

This person had a simple question: Creatures or Soundsticks?
    They weren't asking whether or not some other speakers are
    better but what would be the choice between these two.
    My vote goes to the soundsticks. They sound a lot better than
    the creature and in my mind look cooler. I think they would
    look better with the mini rather than white Creatures. Now
    silver Creatures on the other hand....... :rolleyes: