JBL Creature Speaker

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by j@yri¢hi£, Apr 8, 2006.

1. j@yri¢hi£ macrumors member

Nov 1, 2005
    California Pennsylvania
    I have had my JBL Creature Speakers II for little under a year and my right speaker has blown or just has no more power going to it....does anyone know of where i could take it to get looked at or knows of anywhere i could just buy the right speaker seperately?

2. generik macrumors 601

Aug 5, 2005
    Tried contacting JBL? Most things have a 1 year warranty at least :rolleyes:
  3. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

Jul 26, 2005
    Are you saying that because you saw/heard it blow, or because there's no more sound coming from it?
    When I first installed mine, I thought I had a defective unit because I didn't hear sound coming from one of the speakers.
    I discovered, though, that the plug into the main speaker was slightly loose, causing failure of one side. Once I pushed it in completely, it solved the problem.
    I'm guessing this is not the problem with yours but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

As for purchasing only the right speaker, I think your best bet is eBay.

Good luck!
  4. blythy macrumors member

Jun 9, 2005
    Mine did exactly that as well.

It's worth checking the plugs before you panic!
  5. hunterdoug macrumors newbie

Apr 22, 2008
    same issue

I have the same JBL creatures, and have had them for about 6 months, the black ones, and the right hand satellite, the one with the sound regulations on it, has pretty much died, it only crackles with hardly any sound from the source getting to it, any ideas what the problem is, I have unplugged everything and tried to rewire it all, but still nothing?

hope you can help, cheers