Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Afro1989

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
Hey guys, this is my first post on a Mac and I'm loving it so far. I have a nooby question though to anyone who owns the JBL Creature Speakers II.

Okay, for my question. I am using the JBL Creature Speakers II right now and I know that you can increase the volume in system preferences and by the keyboard, but it doesn't get loud enough. The right speakers has a (+) and (-) sign on it and the direction booklet says to gently hold my finger on the buttons in order for the sound to increase or decrease.

I don't think it's working. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!!!

They are touch sensitive, right?

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out, it's probably a very simple fix.

Laser47

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2004
Maryland
Ive tried these speakers at the apple store and in order to increase or decrease the volume with these speakers you must tap the + or - not hold it. Every touch sensitive thing ive used has been the same way. touch sensor buttons work by capatanance (spelled it wrong) where it detects the electrical diffrence between the button an your body (IIRC). When a touch sensitive button does not work for me i always rub my hand across the tv screen or somthing to get a charge and then try it. Its gets very annoying when you are trying to cook your food but you cant put the numbers in. Also make sure your hands are dry.

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
Touch and hold works for mine, as well as bouncing on them. I don't know, maybe make sure your cable is connected securely to the headphone port :confused:

dr427

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2005
Oklahoma City
Touch and hold should work. I am doing it right now. There is maybe a 2 second delay before it works. You can also obviously tap repeatedly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.