JBL Creature Speakers Question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by furryrabidbunny, Aug 18, 2005.

1. furryrabidbunny macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

Ok, i've own creature speakers, the first version with the blue lights. Does anyone elses power brick get hotter than hell? I've been curious about this for awhile.

2. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

I've had mine for two years now and it very well may get hot, but powerbricks usually do. No harm, though. It runs perfectly.

3. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

mine is like burn your hand hot though. is yours like that? mine is like that even when it isn't running.

4. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Yeah, powerbricks get hot. There's really nothing you can do about it, except put a fan on it. :D

5. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

i am just a paranoid person. dont want the house to burn down. my dad said it was normal, but i probably shouldn't have it on the carpeting, so now its on my wood desk!

6. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

That is probably a decent decision. I know what i mean. I get paranoid about these things as well.

7. japasneezemonk macrumors 6502

japasneezemonk

i never check my power brick, probably should.

comment: after listening to the bass on my JBL creatures for months, i'm more dissapointed every passing day. ( note to self= get some B&W speakers)

8. Omen88 macrumors regular

Omen88

I recently moved my creatures to a new desk. The bass is just terrible now. If I put the sub on the floor, it is good again, but I don't want to get it all dirty there.

Goods news is I will be moving to a new desk soon :)

9. iPoster macrumors regular

I've got the version with the green lights, about 3 months old, and the power brick runs so hot I put some extra RAM heatsinks over the top of it to help cool it!

:eek:

10. Omen88 macrumors regular

Omen88

To get back on topic, I also have those with the green lights and they are just moderately warm. I turn the power off every night though.

11. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

the ones with the green lights are creature 2s. I had the thing unplugged for a day, and the brick ran cool for a few hours after i plugged it back in. If you want better bass from it, but it in a corner or something. To be reallly safe, I moved mine too, and put one of those things you put hot pans on under it to absorb some of the heat.

12. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

can you possibly link to whatever you have on it? if its doing a good job though of course.