JBL Speaker Issue and Stereo on an iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Scotsworth, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Scotsworth macrumors newbie

Well, I have JBL Creature 2 speakers. They have been working fine for almost a year now. However, I didn't use them for about a month, and now when I plug them into my iMac, I do not get sound out of the right speaker. I have checked connections, and everything seems fine. When I take the right speaker out of the sub and plug it back in, I just get a little pop, and then the left speaker stops making sound untill I turn it off and on again...even so, it is still only coming out of one speaker. There was definitely no harm done to the speakers...did I blow the right one out? I don't think so because I'm not hearing anything...no buzzing...no cracking...it just doesn't make sound at all. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, when I don't have speakers plugged in and am just using the built in one's on my iMac G5. When I play songs in iTunes, there's some parts I can't hear. For example, many beatles songs have parts that are very faint. It seems like a stereo/mono issue, and I'm wondering if I can change it? Another example, I listened to "Basketcase" by Green Day, and you can barely hear the guitar part, just Billy Joe's singing. It's not a problem with all songs, just some specific one's. Any help?

Thanks!

2. Gee macrumors 65816

You haven't accidentally set the balance all the way to the left? In system prefs, sound...

3. Scotsworth thread starter macrumors newbie