JDK Version

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by ryan42, Jul 12, 2005.

1. ryan42 macrumors 6502

ryan42

Is there any way I can compile with JDK 1.5 (J2SE 5.0) through XCode? Thanks.

2. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

Ye, and to compile in 1.5 full stop! I know you have to invoke 1.5 as the prefered over 1.4, but how exactly. Apple site says:
    ...someone translate this for dummies?...how would one do this exactly?!

I imagine if we both knew how to do this then it would apply for xcode too??...

I know no one has read or replied to this thread for ages...any help would be appreciated! Sorry for dragging it up again...I'm doing a search through any thread I can find to try and find my solution!!

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The quote above means that for every command you want to use JDK1.5 for you need to preface it with the path supplied. This is not a do it once then it's set operation. It's a do it every single time operation. So to compile a single Java file you would do (in Terminal)

/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5/javac (maybe not, you probably need stuff betweeb 1.5 and javac, but I'm not on a Mac right now) filename.

It might be possible to tell XCode to use this on a project by project basis...

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The answer on setting up a new template for XCode to use Java 1.5 is here. Google is your friend! Note I've not tried this....

5. ll350 macrumors member

I used the process linked to here to get Eclipse running on 1.5. Just my 2 cents.