Jedi Academy

Discussion in 'Games' started by Shiloh, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Shiloh macrumors newbie

Is there anyone out there who is currently playing this game? If so maybe you can help me out. I am at the level in the training where I need to jump across a destroyed bridge, everything says that I should easily be able to do this, but I am having trouble, can anyone help me out and tell me what I am doing wrong?

2. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I just finished this game last night.

So you're at the bridge (in the academy) early in the game?
    Hold down the jump button while you jump. When you hold down the jump button it extends your jump with the force (drains your force though). The higher you get your force levels to during the game, the more jump you have using the force.

3. Boelman macrumors regular

I have the jedi outcast II game. is this the same one?

4. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

No. Jedi Outcast is the game prior to Jedi Academy.....but they are kind of tied together with characters and some plots.

5. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I think they are technically called Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (which comes first of the two) and Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, so it's kind of confusing.

6. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

I didn't like this game. It's one of the few that I didn't bother finishing it...

7. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

There was on that even preceded that. It was something like Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces.

8. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

Its actually a mutation from the original game:

Star Wars: Dark Forces
    Star Wars: Dark Forces II - Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
    Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

All are about Kyle Katarn, and take place right after the destruction of the death star.

9. Motley macrumors 6502

*Dons Nerd Glasses*

If you recall the first mission in Dark Forces you steal the Death Star plans, so some of the series takes place prior to the destruction of the Death Star. Furthermore there were two death stars and the first game definately takes place before the second is destroyed because Vader is in the game.

*Ends Nerdy Pedantic Rant*:cool:

10. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

There were two, but only Dark Forces was ported to the Mac, not Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. So Macs only get 3 out of the 4 Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games. Which is pretty annoying actually. (Jedi Knight II keeps talking about stuff that happened in Jedi Knight, so you keep going "Valley of the wha...?")

--Eric

11. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

Oh, yeah...... I forgot about that. I haven't played Dark Forces since , like, 1997. I think it was right before Jedi Knight came out. Then we started work on the Mandalorian Wars mod for Jedi Knight, and the I never played Dark Forces again.

lapostal....

12. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I really enjoyed a lot of Jedi Outcast, although I think I'm the only person in the world who enjoyed the gun weapons more than the lightsaber. As soon as I got the lightsaber, it became less fun :-/

13. Motley macrumors 6502

Weirdo :D

14. ToastMaster macrumors regular

ToastMaster