Jedi Knight II and III

Discussion in 'Games' started by Sadie, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Sadie macrumors newbie

haya everybody, been trying to play Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast, but i cant find a no cd patch for MP (multiplayer) just got the single player no cd patch.
    Does anybody know where can I find one? :) :eek:
    If anyone wants the single player no cd patch just tell me :)

greetings and... may the force be with u all :p

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Or you could just put the CD in :rolleyes:

If you get annoyed with inserting the CD, you can use Toast or similar to keep an image of it on your hard drive.

3. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

I think that both JK games suck. They have such unreallistic lightsaber combat... :rolleyes:

I like KOTOR, though it could be much better ;)

4. Scooby_Doo macrumors member

Scooby_Doo

Could you PM me about the JKII: Jedi Outcast patch? I am overseas and do not have my game CD's with me. :(

5. Schmittroth macrumors regular

Schmittroth

Boy I gotta disagree with that. I thought they were really solid games. And both very cheap right now I might add, checkout http://www.insidemacgames.com/ for deals (honest plug). Saber duels online with Academy are pretty cool and play very well. Seamless integration of force powers and big guns. Although there is a point in both games where you stop using the guns except in very specific circumstances (sniping and big robots). My favorite cheap trick is grabbing targets with Force Choke and then throwing them off a cliff. Happens a lot.

6. crachoar macrumors 6502a

Depends on who you fight with.

In Jedi Academy, I like to make things dramatic - like the fights in the movie.

I'll walk instead of circle-strafe. Play the defense / intimidation game until I feel it's time to bust out with the hotness.

Two heavy slashes from their initial 'spaz attack' - finished with a leap over top of them and a decapitation.

So satisfying...

If you want to make the saber combat realistic in single player (for Windows) - right click on your jasp.exe shortcut. Go to properties and add make yours, look like mine (depending on your install path, of course):

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorealistic 2 +helpusobi 1 +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

Congrats. You've enabled realistic saber combat and quick load (no annoying intro stuff before the menu) In single player, your lightsaber will now cut off:

-hands
    -arms
    -heads
    -torsos
    -feet
    -legs

Enjoy Jedi of Fortune.

For dismemberment online, open the console and type 'cg_dismemberment 100'.

When you beat somebody in a duel, something is going to be cut off, and it's going to look really cool.

Also, to turn on vertex shadows online, type 'cg_shadows 2' (I think).

I know there's a way to edit the OSX launch shortcuts to make them similar to the way I have it set up in Windows. I used to do it for JKII and other Q3-based games when I had them installed on my macs...

Good luck.

7. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Yes, they might be cool for someone, but did you watch the movies? In the movies duellers don't run around, afraid to come close to an enemy? No. They stand in one place (Xcept Yoda ;) ) and try to slice their opponent, but most of their blows are blocked. I like in KOTOR that player doesnt run around his enemy, he just stands and tries to break through enemy's defence.
    In KOTOR2 fights are even more reallistic, I heard (When it will come out on Mac :(?)