Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast concerns

Discussion in 'Games' started by LimeiBook86, Dec 1, 2002.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I have downloaded the demo and ran it on my three Macs, my iBook 466, my G3 Mini Tower 333, and my Dad's G4 450 AGP. Well the demo ran kinda slow. I tried on OS X and OS 9. It seems that it runs better in OS X. Well the game tends to run a little slow. Well today I want to go to the Apple Store and buy the game. Well my concern is will it run better than the demo? I meen the gameplay isnt very slow its just a bit sluggish. The demo seems to have some glitches in it, like the screen willl get pixalated or there is yellow on the screen or the sound gets wierd. has anyone had these problems? I meen I would love to get the game but will it run ok? If not I guess I'll get it for GameCube... Please help :)

2. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I hope that it is just the demo because I tried the demo on my Dual Ghz (Old version) and it ran like crap on it.

P-Worm

3. AssassinOfGates macrumors 6502

I ran the demo on my dual 867 w/ a geforce 4 mx (stock) card, and it ran fine. If wolfenstein won't run well on your comp, then don't buy this game. It has very complex graphics.

4. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Well trhe game requiremewnts say: Graphics Accelerator Card, I need one for my Power Macintosh G3 Mini Tower then, where would I fine one... they aren't cheap I supose...:( I ain't gonna buy Wolfienstien just to see if it works :p

5. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

the demo on my lcd iMac ran kinda slow, but the full game runs pretty nicely, after toning down some of the settings. the graphics are pretty nice. just one warning: the game is addicting. it's a great game. have fun with it :)

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I feel that both Jedi Knight II and Return to Castle Wolfenstein both run well on my dual 800 with maxed out memory.

The only thing that bothers me is that Jedi Knight II has the Ravensoft version of the Quake III engine. This is just like Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force. It takes a long time to for levels and saved games to load.

7. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I've had a few problems with the demo on my LCD iMac, but not the type you're describing. It just quits on me while loading a new game sometimes, and a few times it has even logged me out. Other than that it runs fine if I don't have anything else that uses a lot of processing power running at the same time.

BTW, has anyone tryed out the cheats for JK2? I played around with some of the just for fun cheats, like making new enemies and came up with the following situation:

8. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

heh Macs are for productivity, Windows is for Solitare, hahaha I have a shirt that says that, want one? go to macsurfshop.com :D

What are some codes? Are they the same codes for the PC? Looks like you had yourself in a sticky situation (dude I can't spell)

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I wonder if Ravensoft has the same cheats in there as they did for STV:EF. I may try some of those to see if they work...if I can remember where I put them. :)

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ha, that would be the 'Uh-oh!' cheat, right? ;)

Damn, did you survive or was it messy?

I'm not going to get the game until I get a new machine, the demo just didn't do well on my 450MHz G4....

D

11. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

dukestreet don't give up hope!

Hey dukestreet don't worry! :D I bought the game today! It runs fine under OS X on my Dad's Power Mac G4 AGP 450mhz 768mb RAM! the demo is crap on most machines, just buy it I did and it runs fantastic, make sure the texture levels are on low or medium for BEST results. I love the game, thanks for everyone's help, Multiplayer mode is fun... If I could only figure out how to use a Joystick... :rolleyes:

Go get'em duke! :D

Now what are those codes...? :p

12. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

about the multiplayer- is ther any way to just join a game, or do you have to specify a secific private server, becuase i tried to play multiplayer, but then i looked and there werent any games running. are there ever any open servers, or did just have bad timing? also, would more ram speed up the game a little? right now i have 256 in my iMac

13. BenderBot1138 macrumors 6502

Jedi Concerns...

I hear George Lucas has sent out a hit squad to eliminate the wiley jarjar who wants to run his game at full throttle... ;)

Works great on my G4 Powerbook, flawlessly, seamlessly, pristinely, chastely, perfectly, intactly, wholely, cleanly, immaculately, unsullied, unspoilt, impeccably, unblemmished, faultlessly, undamaged, unimpaired, spotlessly, and untarnished.

Try this small tweak to help the game run smoothly: buy a 1 GHz Powerbook with SuperDrive ;) I noticed that the Tropico demo is no where to be seen, and the osX patch never worked either. There's a lot of people who want to be El Presidente!!!

:cool:

14. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

First open the Jedi Knight Multiplayer Application ( the one you were in ) Go to one of the menus, then toward the top of the screen it will say source or something, it is set on LAN or Local Network, click on it until it says internet

15. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

16. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

i tried to play today, and when i go to open a saved file, it unexpectedly quits. i went to the support page and it said that the quick save files can get corrupted eventually. has anyone else had this problem, it would take me a while to get back to where i was, the check point was quite a while back. :rolleyes:

17. HiroJuOn macrumors newbie

Jedi Knight 2 MP not working

Ive had Jedi Knight 2 which i played on my g4 for a while but got rid of that over a year ago and I just recently got a Macbook Pro laptop and I always enjoyed the multiplayer on it so i thought i'd put it on my computer. But the Multiplayer when creating a server once it start to load the whole game just disappears and quits and takes me right back to my desktop with a error message or anything.. There was an update i found saying it fixed the problem but ofcourse it didnt haha.. Anyone have that problem and was able to fix it??? let me know because its driving me crazy

18. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Um, this thread is from 5 years ago dude, you might be better off starting a new one...

19. ModestPenguin macrumors 6502

ModestPenguin

it runs on my imac in bootcamp....not that that helps you at all...