Jedi or Neo

Discussion in 'Community' started by mymemory, Oct 30, 2003.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I'm such geek:rolleyes:

Would you be a Jedi or would like to have the powers Neo has? The only cool thing the Jedi has are the light saber but Neo has Trinity instead.

Then, in a time line Neo became all that in less than a week, I mean, how long is really taking from the time Morpheus talked to Neo the first time intil now? And Joda is 3000 years old and he can not do half of the things Neo is doing.

To be a Jedy is not as cool as it was before The Matrix. I wonder what kind of hero we will have in the next 10 years that overcome Neo.

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Well, I'd take the jedi option myself. To have Neo powers would mean that the Matrix actually existed - that would not be a good thing - cause what would you do when you're out of the Matrix.....

Jedi Mind Trick? Yeah, tell me that wouldn't be good.

You'd have the ultimate pick up line at a bar - works everytime ;)

D

3. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

Re: Jedi or Neo

he he. interesting topic. :p

well i can say i'd rather be Neo. personally i'd rather have my own Trinity than a glowing rod. :p :D

i was going to say you'd actually have to be in the Matrix to have Neo's powers, Mr Anderson beat me to it.

if Neo's powers were in the real world, that would be good. actually, that's kind of unclear at the moment... but all will be revealed soon...;)

and no one really knows what sort of powers a jedi can have, do they? couldn't you just keep training and getting stronger? and then if you were an evil jedi...;) :D

4. jamesatzones macrumors regular

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Re: Re: Jedi or Neo

But do you, remember at the end of Reloaded he has brought down a sentinal (sp?) in the 'real world' :confused:

7. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

Re: Re: Re: Jedi or Neo

can't wait to see what Revolutions has in store for us. and not too long to wait now either!! YES!! :D

as Big Kev says: "I'm excited!!" :D

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Re: Re: Jedi or Neo

so he could control the circuitry - he still knocked himself out. Not a good thing if there's more than one....

If you could have Neo like powers without the matrix, that would be different. But I'm still going with my original preference and assuming that Neo powers come with a Matrix.

Knowing the future, telekenisis, lightning from you fingertips. Not necessarily flying, but you could jump out of a plane without a parachute and survive.....lift a bus with the force. You could do a lot - and if you had a light saber? Damn, who wouldn't want a light saber ;)

D

9. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jedi or Neo

Yeah, but you'd have all of that buddhist discipline crap in the way, by the time you got the skills they wouldn't be fun anymore. For Neo, all you have to have is some moody black woman with bad hair to tell you cryptic things you can ignore, for the most part. much more relaxed.

:)
    pnw

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jedi or Neo

with great power comes great responsibility ;)

And you could always go to the darkside....with Neo you end up waking up in the real world and it sucks. Living underground, hiding from squids, etc. Putting yourself in harms way just to get power - having to rely on your crewmates to keep you safe while you're playing in the matrix.

D

11. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I want Trinity...and to be able to do that cool bullet stopping stuff... :D

12. FightTheFuture macrumors 6502a

FightTheFuture

eh. but the jedi are all but extinct, not many remain. and the empire was defeated for quite sometime. i would like to plug into the matrix. at least i would be fighting for something thats urgent and pressing to our civilization now, or in the future rather.

13. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

Jedi. No question about it. Being able to throw things around, jump, run. Mind trick. Choking someone with my mind. Too cool.

Of course, I fell asleep during The Matrix, so I don't really know what Neo can do. "I know jung-fu," that's all i'm familiar with.

14. spinner macrumors regular

Jedi no doubt about it. With Neo he's only a superhero in the Matrix, once that is destroyed no more fun and games. Just a dismal underground existance will be all thats left. As for him stopping that sentinal...maybe it was running Windows and performed an 'illegal operation' at that critical moment ;) we all know that could happen! :D

15. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

I'd take Jedi. The true Jedi have a mental serenity that Neo just doesn't. Neo flies around whereas while Yoda could move fast, he finds that shuffling along is good enough for him. That's the kind of low-key wisdom that I'm looking for.

16. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I'd have to choose Jedi myself. I'd just dress like Neo (shades, cool jacket, army boots, web gear full of guns....) ;)
    ;) I can see it now:
    <Mr. A> (Chatting up a cutie at the bar, he does the mystical hand wave and says) "I want to go home to your place."
    <Cutie> (Blankly responds) "I want to go home to your place"

They leave togheter ,Mr. Anderson with a big smile on his face..."Ah the power of the darkside!"

Jedi would be cool...oh and of course I would have my purple lightsaber. You could tell I borrowed it from Mace, it's the one that says Bad MotherF**ker on it.

Raid
    The pop-culture Jedi Master.

17. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

One other thing - Jedi's don't need to be plugged in, they have powers everywhere, in the city, in the woods, underwater, etc. Big point. And if you're a jedi and have a lightsaber, you can stop bullets.

D :D

18. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I take the unwritten 3rd option... Being a Changling. Ok aside from the genocide that they have been engaged in, a changling can do everything Neo can do (except they turn to gell, instead of stopping bullets), plus they are nearly indestructable. They also have the ability to chang into almost anything. Including birds (to fly), walls (to hide), and nearly anything also imaginable.

Honestly though, i'd rather be a jeda, at least as a jedi you are free, trying to save otheres, and can move thing with your mind.

TEG

19. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I would choose to be a Jedi, to have the power of the force. Life is a fight to stay on the good side already.

20. howard macrumors 68020

howard

i've thought about this sort of thing before...except instead of neo i put in gandalf....

so how bout the three?

personally i'd take gandalf first, then jedi then neo

this is assuming that you'd still live in the world that these characters live in and have all there powers...

21. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Definitely Neo. What I couldn't understand about Yoda in the last SW film was he had to be assisted by use of a cane and walked like a decrepid old alien yet when he fought, he was a spinning little Blanka ball. That little fake!:D

22. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    Re: Jedi or Neo

if i'm not mistaken, wasn't yoda only 700 and some years old when he died?

* if i'm right then that's just sad that i would know that :(

23. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

"When 900 years old YOU reach, look as good, you will not, hmmmm?"

;)

What a geeky thread.

hmm?

24. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ah, but the big question is who would win if a Neo and a Jedi met for combat?

Outside the Matrix there's no question - Jedi.

Inside it would be Neo, but a Jedi's power would also make him formidable in the Matrix as well.

I'm still sticking with Jedi......

D

25. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

But Jedi's looks like crap, dreses like crap, do you remember what Joda eat? As a Jedi you can not have sex because the entire galaxy fall appart.

Neo is cool, he is in troubles now but that won't take an eternity, just 3 episodes not 6!!!

And besides, you have 3000 Jadys and they can not fix the galaxy while Neo and some other humans are doing everything just fine.

I know Neo can not use his powers (yet) outside the matrix but I rather that than no sex at all for my entire life!!!

And if that wasn't enough, Jedi's can not fly, they can hardly jump! Neo can fly and very fast. :cool: