jellyfish in the pants

Discussion in 'Community' started by baby duck monge, Apr 27, 2004.

1. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

This thread is for anyone who has ever experienced the pain of jellyfish stings on the testicles. Or has given that subject any though. Please feel free to share your stories and/or fears.

Personally, I have never experienced such terrors, but as of about 5 mins ago, I gave the subject some thought. It was quite frightening.

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I have.

There is NO way to describe the pain and surprise of having a jellyfish tentacle wash up your shorts by the tide while calmly sitting and chatting with a friend enjoying the beach atmosphere that you can't get in Missouri.

3. baby duck monge thread starter macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

i was wondering if there was a story somewhere in your past about such an event. it was, afterall, you who first inspired me to consider the topic.

OUCH!

4. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

NOW i have seen a thread on every topic imaginable...

i got stung one time on the inside of my thigh... ouchy ouchy :(

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Now we just have to wait until somebody talks about a live piranah down their pants.

6. baby duck monge thread starter macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

i would be willing to extend the scope of this thread to include all sorts of nasty sea creatures that might get into your pants and cause problems. at the moment, though, woodland creatures are still out of the question. :D

7. womencantsail macrumors member

I have been stung on the ankle by one. But nothing higher up ;).

8. Dros macrumors 6502

I hate to encourage what appears to be an odd fetish of yours, but this one is hard to top.

The original report from the Journal Urology
    Not convinced? The esteemed arbiter of the odd, The Straight Dope, had this to say:

:eek:
    :(
    :eek:

9. baby duck monge thread starter macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

Dros:
    I have heard of this nasty little bugger before, but try to think about it as infrequently as possible. it certainly deserves a place in the "sea creatures you would want to keep out of your pants" category!! :eek:

10. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

freshman year of high school, my bio teacher told us about that little bugger...the thought of that makes me shudder.

11. IIvan macrumors regular

:D :D

GOt stung in the face once...very painful could only imagine lower.... :eek:

12. baby duck monge thread starter macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

in or on? i mean, both would be painful, but one would be much worse than the other! :p

::edit::
    haha. see that what i thought was a typo really was. but in a different way than expected. still, the face is no fun. ace (arse) is funnier, though.
    ::edit::

13. IIvan macrumors regular

In the "ace"? that would be quite an achievement ;)

14. baby duck monge thread starter macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

that's what i was thinking! wasn't quite sure how that was going to work. but you said it (albeit accidentally) :cool:

15. IIvan macrumors regular

Hmmm....Imagine explaining that to a medical worker...

"I was trying to give it a home"

"It looked cold"

"ancient bowel disorder remedy..."

:D

16. Dros macrumors 6502

Then do not click this link

17. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    So here I am thinking this thread might be about SpongeBob, and instead I'm treated to the most penis-shrinking material I've ever been exposed to next to the Anna-Nicole Smith show. :eek:

18. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

What medical word(s) did google translate into "stock market"?????

19. Awimoway macrumors 65816

Speaking of sea creatures and bio teacher horror stories, mine told me about a fellow biology student at his college who moronically attempted to tongue a sea anemone. His tongue swelled up so large he nearly suffocated. I can only imagine how much worse it would have been if he had used a different member of his body…

20. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

I was bitten in the hand yesterday by my friends vicious hamster. Now I have the urge to run around inside a large tractor tire, and gnaw on sticks. I wonder if I have rabies?

21. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

I remember my best friend who visited a mutual friend in Brazil who happen to own a diamond mine. Offered a visit my friend happily accepted. Not realizing that the visit involved a walk for a few miles through rain forest jungle type stuff and various nasties my friend wore shorts for the trip. When he got back to his hotel he started counting mosquito bites to his genitals - he got to 56 before he had to give up because of the discomfort and swelling. He couldn't get out of bed for 2 weeks. Tragic. I had to laugh when I read the postcard.

22. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

in the original season of Survivor, Jeff Probst, the host with the most, apparently got stung on the giggleberries (many thanks to whoever brought that one to the STD thread) by a jellyfish during one of the water-based events. supposedly they had to edit around him thrashing in pain, and later doing a lot of scratching and grimacing, as he was still in the water while they were filming.

23. baby duck monge thread starter macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

after something like that, it would take a bit of convincing to get me back in the same water anytime soon. :eek:

24. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    gives me a new outlook on SICK AND PAINFULL TORTURE

25. parrothead macrumors 6502a

parrothead

I got stung on my upper thighs by several portugese man o' war (type of jellyfish) all at the same time. Man o wars, like other jellys inject small amounts of toxins each time they sting. The toxin then spreads in the lymphatic system. When I was stung on the thighs the toxin spread to my nether region and OOOOH boy did it hurt. No permanent damage, just felt like I was kicked about 50 times in the privates and stomach. After about an hour everything was fine. The big problem was that I was stung while saving some guy from the man o wars. I was working on a snorkel boat and these manowars started drifting in. He was on the far side of the little critters so I had to paddle a surfboard out to get him. My arms got stung on the way out, I plopped him up on the board and my legs got stung on the way back. Jerk didn't even thank me, he just complained that his snorkeling was cut short. :mad: